Lewis Hall

Paully

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Wonder if he’d have had any game time at all if our back four hadn’t been starring in Casualty this season. One example of the injuries being an indirect positive

Heresy ;)

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd also have no doubts that he'd have started 24/25 like Gordon did.

To be serious, Eddie persisted with Gordon last season massively more than Hall this season, and offered him much more vocal protection. It feels very unlikely he'd have been a starter in game one. Wouldn't have been stunned if it had been Lloyd Kelly, or a similar signing, next season.

That said, it may well be that Eddie thought he had to do what he did with Hall to get him to take his career seriously enough to be the best. I don't dismiss the idea lightly that he might have been good enough to play months ago but that those starts would've rewarded an ethic that held him and the team back in the longer term.

16 minutes ago, 80 said:

To be serious, Eddie persisted with Gordon last season massively more than Hall this season, and offered him much more vocal protection. It feels very unlikely he'd have been a starter in game one. Wouldn't have been stunned if it had been Lloyd Kelly, or a similar signing, next season.

That said, it may well be that Eddie thought he had to do what he did with Hall to get him to take his career seriously enough to be the best. I don't dismiss the idea lightly that he might have been good enough to play months ago but that those starts would've rewarded an ethic that held him and the team back in the longer term.

Hall is a good few years younger too.

More time needed to develop as a professional and a player. Hall is only 19 now.

Saka & Foden are Gordon's age mates.

53 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Wonder if he’d have had any game time at all if our back four hadn’t been starring in Casualty this season. One example of the injuries being an indirect positive

Just think about how our backline would've looked half the time this season if we'd invested elsewhere rather than in these 'for the future' lads like Tino and Hall.

Love that he's starting to get a bit of attention. I dare say an England call up may be a bit soon. :lol: But could you have pictured halfway through this season that there'd be talk of Trippier maybe missing out and Hall having an outside shout!? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Wonder if he’d have had any game time at all if our back four hadn’t been starring in Casualty this season. 

Not a chance. Not a dig at Howe, but no. It has also been a little bit like that with Livra (why he didnt continue with him after the Manu game I still wonder). If all is fit its Burn Botman Schar Trippier. Things may have changed now though.

Edited by nufc123

On 15/05/2024 at 22:56, Away Toon said:

After Bruno he’s technically the best player we have.

Nah - no way is he better technically than Longstaff.

Or Silkstaff as Ive been calling him.

58 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Am I crazy for thinking Hall is probably 4-6 weeks short of being in the England squad?
We don't have many left-back options.

He trained with England this season as he was seen as an exceptional talent if I remember right.

38 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

He trained with England this season as he was seen as an exceptional talent if I remember right.

Wow I've either completely missed or forgotten this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/england-ukraine-poland-glasgow-trent-alexanderarnold-b2405142.html

So he's already been in Southgate's sights which would make even sense him having an outside shout.

He’s already at a top class level for being in possession, dribbling, passing. Just his one on one defending needs work and working on his athleticism. Strength/pace work. Hes going to be a special player. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Was nearly responsible for a goal in the first half with a misplaced pass, very good outside of that. 

The one where he got a poor pass from Burn, No? 

Edited by Ikon

Getting better and better!

Chuffed his hard work is paying off. Work to do on the defensive side but excited for his future and glad we finally got to see him display why!