Lewis Hall

Paully

If we’re not playing him because we don’t want to sign him, Chelsea should just take him back now. It’s shit for his development full stop and sitting on our bench is a waste of everyone’s time.

Could there be something in the loan agreement that he has to be in the match day squad when fit but the fee we pay in the summer goes up every times he plays, so every match is another £0.5m or something stupid like that?, it could then be extra penalties if he is not in the squad so we are in a catch 22 situation.

Yeah a bit tinfoil hat but Chelsea and that Todd fella are wankers.

9 minutes ago, jack j said:

16 year old on the bench for Chelsea today who left our academy in the summer. Ollie harrison

Should have just kept him and saved the 30 million

Wish I knew the back story behind letting him go. Lad’s a huge Newcastle fan, only ever wanted to play for us. What the fuck did Chelsea offer him?

On 17/02/2024 at 17:24, Sufi said:

If we have brought this talented kid in and are simply not playing him because he’s a casualty of our tight FFP restrictions going forward…I genuinely hope he goes on to be world class and we regret it for the next decade.

Other than for a, "I told you so" exercise, why the fuck would you want that to happen?

21 minutes ago, gbandit said:

If that is the case then £35m for a development player with potential is a major misstep unfortunately 

Yep, that is absolutely fucking nuts.  We’re comfortably about half a decade away from being in that position.  If it’s true, the club should be asking very serious questions of all involved. 

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Other than for a, "I told you so" exercise, why the fuck would you want that to happen?

Why would it be an I told you so moment? I have no clue how good or bad this player is. I’ve seen him play just as much as anyone else.

I wouldn’t even want that to happen..

it’s an IF we are stunting his development and freezing out a young lad signing for his boyhood club purely for financial reasons, I hope he makes us regret it. Purely based on poetic justice 

I thought that was pretty clear in the original post? 

Edited by Sufi

On 17/02/2024 at 10:24, Sufi said:

If we have brought this talented kid in and are simply not playing him because he’s a casualty of our tight FFP restrictions going forward

I don’t think he was signed with the idea he would be 4th choice LB. Rather he needs more development than initially thought but ‘the club’ still have faith in him. 

I’ve said it before. I don’t think Eddie really wanted him (for this season).  Same with Tino.  

Our FFP means we're not really in a position to pay £28-£35m for a player who "will come good" We need players that can make a difference now. The fact that he's not been getting a sniff all season shows he's way off what we're expecting from him/

This is a very baffling transfer.

When Hall was signed we didn't have half a squad out injured. The players out injured will also return. We're being melodramatic again.

Burn was always meant to be our LB this season, this is becoming increasingly more obvious now that Howe is still playing him despite the relentless fume.

In anycase he's not going to solve a defensive crisis by replacing a solid defender with Lewis Hall.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

When Hall was signed we didn't have half a squad out injured. The players out injured will also return. We're being melodramatic again.

Burn was always meant to be our LB this season, this is becoming increasingly more obvious now that Howe is still playing him despite the relentless fume.

In anycase he's not going to solve a defensive crisis by replacing a solid defender with Lewis Hall.

Targett was back up LB as well then he got fucked for half a season too. Just a catalogue of events all working against us. 

Fucking hell. So we let go a youth international midfielder to Chelsea for nothing, good enough to sit on their bench, and then agreed to pay Chelsea 28m for a similar player that the manager has no interest or no trust to play even when we are having injury crisis

Jesus fucking christ

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Targett was back up LB as well then he got fucked for half a season too. Just a catalogue of events all working against us. 

And even Targett struggled for minutes since we've went the psuedo back three route - even when fit, a lot of similar posts being made now were made about Targett as he was getting no minutes ('must be something wrong' - 'lost his pace' etc).

Just pretty clear Hall was never signed for the reasons people hoped. We just saw an opportunity to get a promising player cheap, which is exactly what we need to do to combst FFP.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

10 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

To add, while Trippier is here, we'd probably be looking to replace Burn with one of those rebotic, highly technical and athletic CB/FB hybrids that would cost a proposterous ammount of money.

An Ake/White type?