Lewis Hall

Paully

Gonna be class watching him start next season as our first choice left back with cries of rotating Burn in. 

This stain is reaching Migrant Almiron levels of evil now. 

Think the real fans need to consider hiring Sir Steve Wraith, a beautiful bald, white English patriot, to take care of the pair of them and make our club great again. 

I'm comforted that our biggest problem is working out why Lewis Hall hasn't played more minutes, and debating whether the angle from the train station to a hypothetical new stadium is too steep. Good times. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'm comforted that our biggest problem is working out why Lewis Hall hasn't played more minutes, and debating whether the angle from the train station to a hypothetical new stadium is too steep. Good times. 

Oh for the days of Arabic TV piracy…

“He was always brought in with a long-term view, not as a short-term signing. He is a long-term signing.

“We have always believed in him and his quality and we have been working really hard with him on his game. He’s a really talented lad. He’s got a couple of things to continue working on as all the players have. I believe in him. My vision for him is he will be at Newcastle for many years.”

“Sometimes, and I know it’s a rare commodity these days, we just need some patience. We just need to wait to develop players. There’s no magic wand, but time and good work on the training pitch. Players develop at different speeds, but we’re delighted with the progress he’s made.

“When you look at someone of that age moving away from home — regardless of the fact they’re a footballer — you can’t underestimate the challenges that come with that. He’s handled himself really well and it’s been a season of growth for him although the external view would not necessarily have seen that.

“We have seen that internally so it’s been a really powerful, positive year for him. A lot of work has been put into him and I do believe in him long-term.”

Long term? Patience? What's this nonsense?

Edited by The Prophet

On 28/02/2024 at 11:52, NWMag said:

The most logical solution for me is that we signed him not for the immediate future and the first year being a loan helps with that. 

he gets 12 months in and around the squad, purely focusing on developing into a full time LB. Then, next season when the actual transfer kicks in, he is ready for regular game time.

Still believe this is the case after Eddies comments today 

Signing someone for £25m+ for the medium term future doesn’t seem the smartest approach considering he is not getting much game time.  

I think he’s not as far developed as we had hoped.  Being on loan means we can’t loan him out so he’s just had to train loads. We are still optimistic he’ll be a great signing. 

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

“He was always brought in with a long-term view, not as a short-term signing. He is a long-term signing.

“We have always believed in him and his quality and we have been working really hard with him on his game. He’s a really talented lad. He’s got a couple of things to continue working on as all the players have. I believe in him. My vision for him is he will be at Newcastle for many years.”

“Sometimes, and I know it’s a rare commodity these days, we just need some patience. We just need to wait to develop players. There’s no magic wand, but time and good work on the training pitch. Players develop at different speeds, but we’re delighted with the progress he’s made.

“When you look at someone of that age moving away from home — regardless of the fact they’re a footballer — you can’t underestimate the challenges that come with that. He’s handled himself really well and it’s been a season of growth for him although the external view would not necessarily have seen that.

“We have seen that internally so it’s been a really powerful, positive year for him. A lot of work has been put into him and I do believe in him long-term.”

Long term? Patience? What this nonsense?

Still really strange that we didn't use him more when we were crying out for bodies during December and January. But if Howe really believes in him, I'm happy to go with that.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Signing someone for £25m+ for the medium term future doesn’t seem the smartest approach considering he is not getting much game time.  

I think he’s not as far developed as we had hoped.  Being on loan means we can’t loan him out so he’s just had to train loads. We are still optimistic he’ll be a great signing. 

It’s one of those signings which looks bad in the short term but could turn out to be a master stroke, like Gordon. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Howe doesn't think he's ready.

But he obviously believes he will be soon enough.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Well, if true, I'm fairly sure I read some critique of Howe somewhere that he was only interested in winning the next game and not thinking ahead to the medium term. So maybe that wasn't right.

Anyway, truth is we're all guessing. The one thing you can say about Howe is that he keeps his cards close to his chest about what he's really thinking.

24 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Well, if true, I'm fairly sure I read some critique of Howe somewhere that he was only interested in winning the next game and not thinking ahead to the medium term. So maybe that wasn't right.

Anyway, truth is we're all guessing. The one thing you can say about Howe is that he keeps his cards close to his chest about what he's really thinking.

No I think it aligns.  Getting meaningful minutes would be great for Hall’s development. Getting minutes for Hall isn’t a priority for Howe so Hall sits on the bench all the time.  

2 hours ago, GEFAFWISP said:

£28 - 35 million for a development loan is not great when we're already scrimping for FFP's sake. Bizarre transfer all round at present.

Even more bizarre when you add Targett to the list. Was he £15 million? That's £50 million on left backs and not one of them plays. 

Just now, macphisto said:

Even more bizarre when you add Targett to the list. Was he £15 million? That's £50 million on left backs and not one of them plays. 

I get what your saying but it kinda strips of it the context. Targett was great on loan and viewed as a no brainer to buy. 

WRT Hall, we were all clamouring for him especially after how well he played against us. 

28 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

He certainly looked ready when he played against us for Chelsea at home. I thought he was the best player on the pitch.

Aye he was absolutely class. 

Really hope he comes good, definitely looks a talent, and also a player with technical ability 

Wonder what our aim long term will be, people mention he played CM for the Chelsea academy l, but we are stacked at LCM, and it's clear we like the LB to tuck in to make 3 CBs in possession 

Just now, r0cafella said:

I get what your saying but it kinda strips of it the context. Targett was great on loan and viewed as a no brainer to buy. 

WRT Hall, we were all clamouring for him especially after how well he played against us. 

I don't want to derail this thread but I don't agree about Targett being a no brainer. Maybe for the majority of fans but I don't think Howe has ever been keen on him. There was a delay and a little uncertainty between his loan ending and us buying him. For me, it felt more like a move to bolster the squad at the time as none of How's preferred targets were available/too expensive. 

1 minute ago, macphisto said:

I don't want to derail this thread but I don't agree about Targett being a no brainer. Maybe for the majority of fans but I don't think Howe has ever been keen on him. There was a delay and a little uncertainty between his loan ending and us buying him. For me, it felt more like a move to bolster the squad at the time as none of How's preferred targets were available/too expensive. 

The fee was relatively small, it was a no brainer at the time given where we were. 

13 minutes ago, macphisto said:

We haven’t spent the money on hall yet - this season is a loan