Lewis Hall

Paully

A part of this signing that I really like is his apparent ability to play the LCM position if needed.

I've been hoping we'd bring in another winger but the fact that Hall can play LCM means more flexibility to push Joelinton forward into a wide role if needed.

If our business is done this summer I could see us being able to go big on a CB and winger next summer as we look quite deep elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Displayname said:

Can see him starting 20+ games this season in all competitions. Also coming in as a substitute in most of the games. 

Do you mean coming on as sub in most of the 20 games you see him getting ?

Eddie's not much of a one for subbing defenders.

12 minutes ago, madras said:

Do you mean coming on as sub in most of the 20 games you see him getting ?

Eddie's not much of a one for subbing defenders.

Starting 20, coming in as a sub in the rest.

Dont think thats true. Burn has been substituted plenty of times.

8 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Starting 20, coming in as a sub in the rest.

Dont think thats true. Burn has been substituted plenty of times.

Dan Burn by far the most subbed defender played the full 90 in 28 out of 38 league games and was twice taken off later than 85mins. The other defenders were subbed less...... he doesn't like doing it where as to keep intensity up he'll usually sub at least 3 of the front 6 each game.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Dan Burn by far the most subbed defender played the full 90 in 28 out of 38 league games and was twice taken off later than 85mins. The other defenders were subbed less...... he doesn't like doing it where as to keep intensity up he'll usually sub at least 3 of the front 6 each game.

We didnt have a an option on RB to sub Tripps with, sentral defenders never get subbed ofc.

Doesnt look to me that he mind subbing Burn when he did it 10 times in the premier league last year. With such a prospect like Hall on the bench i would think he would mind it even less. 

And Hall can also play in other positions.

5 minutes ago, Displayname said:

We didnt have a an option on RB to sub Tripps with, sentral defenders never get subbed ofc.

Doesnt look to me that he mind subbing Burn when he did it 10 times in the premier league last year. With such a prospect like Hall on the bench i would think he would mind it even less. 

And Hall can also play in other positions.

He’s said on more than one occasion in interviews he doesn’t like to rotate his defence much in fairness to @madras

Yes some of it will of it in his time here will be due to the drop off but he was similarly consistent at Bournemouth.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

He’s said on more than one occasion in interviews he doesn’t like to rotate his defence much in fairness to @madras

Yes some of it will of it in his time here will be due to the drop off but he was similarly consistent at Bournemouth.

Rotate is a little bit different than using substitutes.

With the amount of games coming up he is going to have to get used to rotations though, even in defense like it or not. Atleast when it comes to Burn who showed signs of exhaustion at the end of last season.

He's a totally different option at LB to Burn, and even Targett. 

Hall is Howe's answer to Pep's Cancelo/Zinchenko/Lewis. 

Can see him starting a lot of games, as him playing LB will reshape how we play as a whole. Dan Burn is very rigid in final third compared to a player like Hall. Todays full back isn't the Roberto Carlos style, that hugs the touchline and crosses - it's what Guardiola started with Lahm. Hall will play this role - a polar opposite to what Burn can offer. 

Sounds silly to say - but a 18 year old LB with a handful of PL appearances will give us another string to our bow.  

1 minute ago, NWMag said:

Watching last night I felt we could have done with this lad playing, his versatility could have maybe allowed us to alter our shape a bit more in stages.

Him overlapping Gordon instead of Burn would’ve been a huge positive 

I watched Chelsea a ot last season and he was often one of their best players, if not the best in a few ga,es, at the back end of the season with his powerful runs from the left. Very surprised they are letting him go as I thought he would be a big part of their future.

Euro 2024 - Lewis Hall, Tino, Gordon, Pope and Willock all in the squad? Miley and Longstaff at a stretch?

Read through Shed End's thread on him when he first started playing for them, and lot of comments saying he'd play for England within 2 years.

Edited by Htt Since 1882