Newcastle United vs. Liverpool: 27/08/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

More comments from the Liverpool forum:

"They're not exactly bulletproof at the back"

"They were awful against the top teams last season"

Great knowledge.[emoji38] We got 10 points from 10 games against the other top 6 teams. Not excellent but also not awful. "Not exactly bulletproof at the back" is wild, where did that come from?[emoji38] They conceded 14 goals more than us last season.

Edited by Erikse

15 minutes ago, Erikse said:

We got 10 points from 10 games against the other top 6 teams. Not excellent but also not awful. 

We did better than that. 4 vs. Chelsea, 6 vs. Spurs, 4 vs. Man U, 1 vs. City, and 1 vs. Arsenal makes 16.

29 minutes ago, Erikse said:

More comments from the Liverpool forum:

"They're not exactly bulletproof at the back"

"They were awful against the top teams last season"

Great knowledge.[emoji38] We got 10 points from 10 games against the other top 6 teams. Not excellent but also not awful. "Not exactly bulletproof at the back" is wild, where did that come from?[emoji38] They conceded 14 goals more than us last season.

We're much easier to get at when we're down a man.

They see the names Schär and Burn on the team sheet and they think to themselves, "they're not that good". But they haven't really watched them play under Howe. (Lascelles and Burn were the CB pairing at Anfield last season).

They only rate Botman because they're just repeating what they've heard from clowns like themselves.

6 hours ago, Stottie said:

We did better than that. 4 vs. Chelsea, 6 vs. Spurs, 4 vs. Man U, 1 vs. City, and 1 vs. Arsenal makes 16.

"Top 6" as in the table, not "the big 6".

Edit: Someone else pointed it out.

Edited by Erikse

Like many others said, this is the one game I'm desperate to win!

We owe these bastards!

A hostile atmosphere and I want to see tears from that moaning German wanker come 6.30pm (or earlier!)!

My hatred for this lot is probably not normal.  The one team I really really hate losing to, the one team a win against has you feeling abnormally happy. Time to give them a proper hiding.  Hopefully the 4.30 kickoff will fuel the atmosphere and it's all out abuse.

8 hours ago, aussiemag said:

I think Joelinton might be out. Lewis Miley was left out of the u/21’s. so Longstaff or Anderson start? 

Probably just means Miley will be joining the sqaud as "back up" in case anyone is inured during the warm up.

Howe seemed pretty confident Joelinton would be fine.

I think it all started for me when they bought Andy Carroll on deadline day. My first real heartbreak of the team at the time and I was just SO ANGRY. 

From that point, I've hated them. Especially because he didn't even do well for them and he could have stayed with us and done alright. 

So yeah, I wanna do these. Klopp just makes them unbearable. And their self righteous fans, just because they banned the Sun etc, think they can ride their high horse about our owners. 

I don't like being owned by people connected with a regime that kills people like me. But I also have to drive my van (oil from Saudi), I also ride in Ubers (shares by Saudi), Facebook (Saudi shares), I use my laptop (Microsoft Saudi shares), buy things on eBay (shares in PayPal) - the list goes on and on and on. Our own fucking government deals with them, should I leave my country? 

So they have shares in Newcastle, so fucking what. I can't change that and I'm not willing to stop supporting MY CLUB because the world is fucked up and we are all apart of it. 

So fuck you Liverpool, even if we lose, you aren't stopping us. 

Desperate to nail these.

Klopp.

Henry and the Super Greed instigators.

The entitlement of the football Establishment rigging the odds with FFP.

Liverpool-biased pundits clogging up every platform.

Abba themed songs.

Every time I feel confident before playing these, something always goes awry.

We know what they’ll do. Direct, pace down the wings and middle.

We need to be smarter in terms of who we push forward and when as they’ll look to catch us out.

These are a bogey side for sure and we need to get that monkey off our backs so we can finally push on. Think we’re all desperate for it.

The team need to take the emotion out of it though. These can be beaten if we play the team and not the occasion.

1 hour ago, Lish007 said:

I think it all started for me when they bought Andy Carroll on deadline day. My first real heartbreak of the team at the time and I was just SO ANGRY. 

From that point, I've hated them. Especially because he didn't even do well for them and he could have stayed with us and done alright. 

So yeah, I wanna do these. Klopp just makes them unbearable. And their self righteous fans, just because they banned the Sun etc, think they can ride their high horse about our owners. 

I don't like being owned by people connected with a regime that kills people like me. But I also have to drive my van (oil from Saudi), I also ride in Ubers (shares by Saudi), Facebook (Saudi shares), I use my laptop (Microsoft Saudi shares), buy things on eBay (shares in PayPal) - the list goes on and on and on. Our own fucking government deals with them, should I leave my country? 

So they have shares in Newcastle, so fucking what. I can't change that and I'm not willing to stop supporting MY CLUB because the world is fucked up and we are all apart of it. 

So fuck you Liverpool, even if we lose, you aren't stopping us. 

and that’s what gives them nightmares. It’s an unstoppable force, gathering more and more momentum! :indi: