Newcastle United vs. Liverpool: 27/08/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, TRon said:

How many teams actually beat Liverpool over the course of a season? While I want to win obviously, it's still takes some doing.

Lost 9 league games last season (9 different teams) and didn't win half of them. They were extremely lucky in some games too the wankers, our two games being two of them. 

Did I hear Trent might be missing for them? Would we rather he played or  not?

Yes, he created their first goal last season and is always a threat. But they might actually stumble on to a better defensive shape if they end up playing Konate or someone else at right back if Trent is injured. 

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Much rather he didn't play, haven't heard any news though.

Without him their midfield is extremely vulnerable. 

Limped off after an earlyish substitution I believe. Looked uncomfortable at the end when the final whistle went as he left the bench.

Trent is a threat going forward for sure, but we have a very good defence. He is also a weak point in their defence that we should target so I'm not really arsed if he plays. Liverpool at full strength isn't really an issue, they've been underperforming since they blew the chance to win the PL and CL in May 2022. At full strength they are still there for the taking. 

43 minutes ago, Decky said:

Lost 9 league games last season (9 different teams) and didn't win half of them. They were extremely lucky in some games too the wankers, our two games being two of them. 

I think because the they had such a good second half of the season it's easy to forget how bad they were before Christmas. They would have been worse if the officials hadn't intervened to stop us turning them over at Anfield.

Really want to beat them this Sunday. Rewatched the Amzon episode 1 again last night and it was painful the way we lost to them last season. Fucking Klopp being scared of us turning into a superpower too..cunt.

For it to be rescinded does it have to be a clear and obvious error, which if it does, I don't think it fits the criteria. It was soft certainly but also rash and I wouldn't say it was a clear and obvious error, for that he wouldn't have had to make contact.

58 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

The first time I watched us beat Liverpool was 85/86. George Reilly header in the Gallowgate. 

Rambo Reilly, Joe Allon and Tony Cunningham whey we haven’t got anything to whinge about these days.

Big game mentality required on Sunday, smash these scouse cunts and Bruno to arrow the winner in and take the fucking roof off SJP.

1 hour ago, The Fountain said:

The first time I watched us beat Liverpool was 85/86. George Reilly header in the Gallowgate. 

I was there but my first victory over them was 4-1 in 74/75. 3-0 up in half an hour and 7yr old me thought we were the best team in the world.

33 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Rambo Reilly, Joe Allon and Tony Cunningham whey we haven’t got anything to whinge about these days.

Big game mentality required on Sunday, smash these scouse cunts and Bruno to arrow the winner in and take the fucking roof off SJP.

Billy Whitehurst!

From Wiki - “Whitehurst's robust style of play attracted much notoriety and he is considered by many to have been the hardest player to have played the game”.