Newcastle United vs. Liverpool: 27/08/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

They're unpredictable and do have some real frets going forward but I'd be really disappointed if we don't dominate the midfield battle here. They have enough talent that they will have at least one really good spell in the game which we need to see out but the lack of defensive nous in their mids and attackers is there to be got at and taken advantage of for the majority. A pretty average Chelsea side managed to keep them pretty boxed in for long periods - there's no reason we can't do the same.

Can't give TAA the freedom he had at SJP last season to pick his marks. 

"Considering how we dismantled them in this fixture last season"

Aye, where with 10 men for 70 minutes we had a higher xG and MOTM was given to either ASM or their goalkeeper. Proper dismantled.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Not that it bothers me - but had to laugh at their 'hate' table (on the first page somewhere) -

Quote from: Draex on August 22, 2023, 10:27:32 am

These fuckers are now top 3 on teams I want to smash, sportswashing twats.

Top four for me.

=1st Everton
=1st Man Utd
3 Man City
4 Newcastle

Hmm - nothing like keeping it local, hell why not put Tranmere on the list, come to think of it - put everyone else on the list - daft scouse twat.

but then thinking about it - I'd imagine that 'ours' if there were one, would be -

1st - Sunderland

2nd - Middlesboro

3rd - Everyone else.

LOL.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

:lol: I've felt the breeze at King Edwards Bay, man. You're fucking stuck with me.

It's not too late to smell the individual waste of Merseyside ya know...

17 hours ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Not that it bothers me - but had to laugh at their 'hate' table (on the first page somewhere) -

Top four for me.

=1st Everton
=1st Man Utd
3 Man City
4 Newcastle

Hmm - nothing like keeping it local, hell why not put Tranmere on the list, come to think of it - put everyone else on the list - daft scouse twat.

but then thinking about it - I'd imagine that 'ours' if there were one, would be -

1st - Sunderland

2nd - Middlesboro

3rd - Everyone else.

LOL.

No chance majority of our fans care to put Boro in top 5 let alone 2nd. Liverpool, Everton, Spurs and Man U are all far more relevant and odious.

It's an odd one because while I detest Liverpool and Man United, I also have a begrudging respect for the history of both clubs.... however, I only need to see one clip of a Chelsea fan on socials to want to go on a killing spree.

To be honest, i hate them all, just for very different reasons. Be easier to list the clubs I like.

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

What time is the Press Conference? And by that I actually mean what time can we watch it on YouTube? Is it released around 11 usually, can never remember.

Think presser is 9. Media embargo lifts at 10, that's when you get the tweets, then video is normally out around lunch time.

18 hours ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Top four for me.

=1st Everton
=1st Man Utd
3 Man City
4 Newcastle

1st - Sunderland

2nd - Middlesboro

3rd - Everyone else.

LOL.

1 Mackems

2 Leeds

3 Man Utd

I’m still a mag of my generation, I think - young’uns will no doubt have other preferences.  I always enjoyed the pisstaking with the smoggies - but it always felt like they disliked us far more than we disliked them. 

Of course, running the gauntlet outside the Riverside was never fun …

Wonder when the petition about our Saudi owners will be sent to the government the Scousers hate so much if we win?

They’re so fucking weird on RAWK man. That NUFC fan that goes on there is a complete wet wipe inal, playing up to the cult following pricks. :lol:

Hope we smash the cunts. Atmosphere needs to be vile on Sunday. 

Edited by Danh1

Just now, Danh1 said:

Wonder when the petition about our Saudi owners will be sent to the government the Scousers hate so much if we win?

They’re so fucking weird on RAWK man. That NUFC fan that goes on there is a complete wet wipe inal, playing up to the cult following pricks. :lol:

Hope we smash the cunts. Atmosphere needs to be vile on Sunday. 

It’s not reflective of my experiences with actual red scousers, either.  Always had decent crack with them.

The plastics tend to be massive weapons, though. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s not reflective of my experiences with actual red scousers, either.  Always had decent crack with them.

The plastics tend to be massive weapons, though. 

I know one who is a class lad in all fairness, soz if you ever read that. :lol: 

EDIT: and the lad who posts on here is sound, very knowledgable. Soz mate. 

Edited by Danh1