Newcastle United vs. Liverpool: 27/08/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Come 15:30 we could see a Liverpool line up without Salah and Konate. It would certainly be better for my nerves not seeing those two in their team before KO. However as we learnt with Man City, regardless of who is missing its still going to be a hugely difficult game. 

Ofcourse Liverpool don't have the same depth as City but a front three of Jota, Nunez and Diaz would still be exceptionally good. Konate would be the bigger miss for them, his recovery pace is so key to how they defend.

2 hours ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Not confident.  They have a bit of a hoodoo over us and Klopp will have them right up for the game.  Overall I feel over the season, perhaps with a bit of heart over head, we'll finish above them.  We're a better balanced team and Klopp's ravings, while they might help them win games like this, aren't the key to sustained success especially not when compared to Howe and Co's studied and constant drive for excellence.

I don't believe in hoodoo's. 

6 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I'm a bundle of nerves already. Truth is, Liverpool should be dreading this game 

:lol: I'm not even terribly nervous about them as a team, I'm nervous about their aura and what it does to refs.

6 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

I want to see Salah being subbed after 50 mins with them 3-0 down and him throwing his shirt to floor when Klopp tries to shake his hand 😀

Or left out of the squad for his slight muscle strain 

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

Come 15:30 we could see a Liverpool line up without Salah and Konate. It would certainly be better for my nerves not seeing those two in their team before KO. However as we learnt with Man City, regardless of who is missing its still going to be a hugely difficult game. 

Ofcourse Liverpool don't have the same depth as City but a front three of Jota, Nunez and Diaz would still be exceptionally good. Konate would be the bigger miss for them, his recovery pace is so key to how they defend.

Why wouldn’t Salah be playing ?