Newcastle United 1-2 Liverpool (27/08/23)

Yorkie

Wish I could shake this off but I'm just in a BAD mood. 

Fucking hell. How can football make you feel like this! Just a game FFS. It's laughable really! 

Need to give my head a shake and think about my real problems to make myself feel better/worse. 

I think today was one of those games where you just get caught out.

We were the better team even before the red card. We still created chances after it but just couldn’t get that 2nd goal and got caught out by 2 sucker punches.

There was nothing in that game to indicate that Liverpool will improve on last year, in fact quite the opposite, they look like a team in permanent decline, not just having a 1 off bad season. They do not look convincing in midfield. TAA and Robertson get caught out at the FB positions. VVD is done, he’s doing those mistakes constantly now. A few years ago he intercepts that ball before the danger happens, now he resorting to being down the player to prevent a certain goal, and he’s been doing stuff like that for a while.

Salah although a danger, is nowhere near where he used to be, and he’s probably got half an eye on Saudi.

Klopp is just turning the whinge on to constant, and you can see that he’s starting to lose the mental battle with other managers. Pep has won his, and if we had held on to our win today, Howe would have won his. I don’t see where it ends well with him at Liverpool now. He’s not going to challenge for the league now, he’s going to have a battle for the top 4. Arsenal are ahead of them, and I think we’ll be ahead of them to challenging for the title, even if it does take 5 years (and it will).

Do we have areas to improve on, and do that show today?

The answers to both is yes, but it’s nothing new to us. We know that we are building a team and squad, we know we are not the finished article.

4 minutes ago, midds said:

Totally threw that away today, a draw would have been disappointing but to lose it from being a goal up and a man up with 72 minutes on the clock is borderline disgraceful tbph. They were gifted 2 chances and finished them both clinically, can't complain about them, 2 mistakes, 2 chances, 2 goals, bang bang. Going to be hard for Howe to pick them up after that, showed a complete lack of control and couldn't finish them off and got punished. No point twisting about this or that, that last 20 minutes was genuine 'head's gone' stuff and you can tell we're not used to being in that position.

I'm down as fuck about it because it's against those cunts and it'll give encouragement to others to just hang in as they will know/suspect we'll make a couple of daft mistakes and gift chances. Big, big negative result today and we only have ourselves to blame unfortunately

Not allowed to be negative on here, dude.

Just now, Lish007 said:

Wish I could shake this off but I'm just in a BAD mood. 

Fucking hell. How can football make you feel like this! Just a game FFS. It's laughable really! 

Need to give my head a shake and think about my real problems to make myself feel better/worse. 

Testify brother. I spend ten months of my year absolutely fucking beside myself over what a bunch of multimillionaires do for an hour and a half on a weekend.

It’s mint, innit?

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Not allowed to be negative on here, dude.

You stand out like a sore thumb on the odd occasions there's an opportunity to be negative. Some might say some posters only really post when that opportunity presents itself...

I have questions for Howe, not for the game management nor tactics, but our players form. 

today the only players on form are Gordon, Tonali and Trippier. All other players are average at best, or fucking poor if being honest.

the team as a whole is out of form.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

You stand out like a sore thumb on the odd occasions there's an opportunity to be negative. Some might say some posters only really post when that opportunity presents itself...

To be honest I'm sick of both sides [emoji38]

I'm sick of the bed wetters but I'm also sick of the crowd that thinks no one is allowed any criticism ever.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

I have questions for Howe, not for the game management nor tactics, but our players form. 

today the only players on form are Gordon, Tonali and Trippier. All other players are average at best, or fucking poor if being honest.

the team as a whole is out of form.

Can you be out of form after only 3 games, one being an absolute battering of a very good villa team?

Just now, mikejaxer said:

To be honest I'm sick of both sides [emoji38]

I'm sick of the bed wetters but I'm also sick of the crowd that thinks no one is allowed any criticism ever.

Haven’t missed the bed wetters crack 😂

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Check my posts after Villa. But that genuinely was the worst second half performance I’ve seen from us in a long time and there’s no excuse for it given the position we were in. 

Why take off Gordon, our best player? If you’re going to put Barnes on, replace Almiron. Surely it’s not fitness otherwise you’re throwing quite a black mark against Gordon if that’s the case, but he looked fine. 

I’d rarely take Isak off either, not against quality opposition. I said after Man City I have no idea why you’d do that when losing 1-0 needing a goal, can you imagine us taking Shearer off when needing a goal against quality opposition? Isak didn’t get a chance but you knew Liverpool were going to push forward at some point and that’s when you’d want him to pounce. It’s hardly a confidence builder for him either, granted I know he’s a steely character. Wilson will get plenty of games, you could have put him on with Isak. 

Bruno’s giving it away non stop and I don’t know if his feet are on the ground or if there’s something wrong but he seems a sensitive character to me and that outside foot pass at the end was so sloppy. 

I understand you want to draw Liverpool out but at least TRY to play quick football to wear them down, if the tactic was to play slow build up to bring Liverpool out then that’s a mistake imo because they’re human and it’s hard to switch from slow play to quick play easily.