Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Newcastle United: 02/09/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Targett's decline is so strange, he looked so steady when he was on loan. Confident he can get back to his best with a run in the side

What decline ? He's never played man, Burn kept him out of the side 

Just now, Ben said:

What decline ? He's never played man, Burn kept him out of the side 

And every time he has he's looked off it - match sharpness related I imagine, which is why I think he'd get back to his best with a run in the side. Whether he'll get that or not I don't know - hopefully with the added games this season.

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

And every time he has he's looked off it - match sharpness related I imagine, which is why I think he'd get back to his best with a run in the side. Whether he'll get that or not I don't know - hopefully with the added games this season.

We've never seen him in a season, just cos someone doesn't start doesn't mean they have declined as a player

Just now, Ben said:

We've never seen him in a season, just cos someone doesn't start doesn't mean they have declined as a player

To repeat - every time he's played he's looked off it in my opinion. If you want to get into semantics about whether that constitutes a decline then crack on - you know exactly what I meant.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

Sure its gametime but he looked shaky everytime he played last season and in pre season. Looked of the pace but lack of gametime does that to you

Edited by nufc123

To repeat - every time he's played he's looked off it in my opinion. If you want to get into semantics about whether that constitutes a decline then crack on - you know exactly what I meant.

Agree. If Targett is running at 100% then Burn shouldn't be starting ahead of him IMO.

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Think decline is maybe a bad choice of word but as @LiquidAK says it’s down to not getting much game time. 

And worth saying it's only because he was so solid and so reliable that the drop-off when he has played has been noticeable. Confident he's still that player though

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I don't, I think Pope is better than Pickford but he gets picked for England every time, does that mean Pope's declined ?

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Agree. If Targett is running at 100% then Burn shouldn't be starting ahead of him IMO.

Has he got that 100% still ? Burn's played left back on merit as whenever Targett came back he was poor. Hopefully Targett puts up a fight for his place.

And worth saying it's only because he was so solid and so reliable that the drop-off when he has played has been noticeable. Confident he's still that player though

Aye agreed. Kept out by Burn playing well, not because Targett’s performances dropped off. He’ll be fine if and when he gets a run of games. Tough test to come straight back into like. 

4 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Brighton have beat a very poor Wolves and Luton and lost to West Ham at home. We don’t lose this today. If we manage to click we win comfortably.

After last week I don't think we'll tolerate another game of sloppy finishing. Need to find our shooting boots today.