Sheffield United Vs Newcastle United 24/09/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

I think we will focus on keeping it tight again. Can’t imagine we will go there and play particularly good football, but we should have enough to keep them out. Feels a bit weird saying that because that hasn’t been Howe’s style, but we built last season on a mean defence and I think we will try to go back to that.

Its not a must win, but if we have any desire to compete in the top 4-7 places again this season we should be going to Sheffield and coming away with 3 points. Yes we did it a bit differently last season but you can only look at what’s in front of you. And we’re a better football team and have top aspirations. 

2 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

I think we will focus on keeping it tight again. Can’t imagine we will go there and play particularly good football, but we should have enough to keep them out. Feels a bit weird saying that because that hasn’t been Howe’s style, but we built last season on a mean defence and I think we will try to go back to that.

Positive sign’s defensively in the last 2 games. Thought we were solid second half against Milan and didn’t really give Brentford a sniff after the first 20 minutes last Saturday. Just need to be more creative and clinical now going forward.

Even though they're at home, they will give us a lot of the ball and look to break. It should help us that we've just played Brentford who set up with a back 5.

I expect pretty much the same side as last weekend. The only contentious call will be who plays RW as Miggy is theoretically a better option to cut in & shoot from that side.

Think it'll be 1-1 after 55 minutes and we see the return of the fabled 4-2-3-1 to see it home. 3-1 - Anderson, Wilson, Isak to score.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Only Willock and Joelinton missing for this. Joelinton should be back before the international break in October.

A fully fit Joelinton, raring to go against Palace just after the international break would bring a tear to the eye.

13 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Sheffield United have looked the best out of the promoted sides. Could've had more points, lost at the very end against both Man City and Tottenham.

Not sure they’ve looked better than Burnley mind.

Granted Burnley clearly have some defensive issues, but they’ve got miles more going forward than Sheff Utd.

2 conspiracy styled points from Eddie's presser:

1. Dubravka was "unwell", or was he annoyed that we aren't rotating keepers in Europe and there has been a fall out?

2. Given Hopes comments this week... were Eddie and the Press Officer trying to leave Hope out of the questions at the end? It looked more than deliberate and certainly more than a coincidence. Fucking hilarious if they were.

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

Sheffield United have looked the best out of the promoted sides. Could've had more points, lost at the very end against both Man City and Tottenham.

Forest as well, 89 minute Wood winner. I know you were mainly using those two as they are very good sides and big names, but must be so annoying for them - could have been an extra 3 points, and just 1 or 2 defeats rather than 4. All 4 of their defeats have been by the odd goal as well.

19 minutes ago, STM said:

2 conspiracy styled points from Eddie's presser:

1. Dubravka was "unwell", or was he annoyed that we aren't rotating keepers in Europe and there has been a fall out?

2. Given Hopes comments this week... were Eddie and the Press Officer trying to leave Hope out of the questions at the end? It looked more than deliberate and certainly more than a coincidence. Fucking hilarious if they were.

Think Hope asked something earlier in the presser too, so there was no cutting him out.

3 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Forest as well, 89 minute Wood winner. I know you were mainly using those two as they are very good sides and big names, but must be so annoying for them - could have been an extra 3 points, and just 1 or 2 defeats rather than 4. All 4 of their defeats have been by the odd goal as well.

Yeah, I was suspicious that they probably had even more painful losses at the end, just coudln't remember and didn't bother to check.

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

Its not a must win, but if we have any desire to compete in the top 4-7 places again this season we should be going to Sheffield and coming away with 3 points. Yes we did it a bit differently last season but you can only look at what’s in front of you. And we’re a better football team and have top aspirations. 

So it's a must win game then.