Sheffield United Vs Newcastle United 24/09/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

A win here is massive.

When you're a "big club" going 3 games without a win will bring media speculation that we don't need. And the media are quick to put Howe under pressure in particular. Win this and we've had a fantastic week and our season is firmly on track.

It's very early days but the teams in the top 7 are all good enough to stay in the chase. We don't want to give them too much of a headstart.

22 minutes ago, jack j said:

Any decent boozers round Sheffield train station?. Last time I got the train there I was 16 and Steven Taylor scored a header 😎Remember it being quite ropey when we played them in a night time kick off. Not many boozers near the ground letting away fans in

The Howard is sound and will let away fans in iirc.

35 minutes ago, jack j said:

Any decent boozers round Sheffield train station?. Last time I got the train there I was 16 and Steven Taylor scored a header 😎Remember it being quite ropey when we played them in a night time kick off. Not many boozers near the ground letting away fans in

Head of Steam is a ten min walk up the hill from the station next to the Crucible. The Graduate en route to HoS is a passable sports bar type place.

You’d be going the long way round for the stadium though.  

I don't not think this will be pretty.

Sheffield United will sit in their low block, crowd the middle of the park and try to force us out wide. I was reading earlier they've conceded 114 shots already this season.

They've been competative though and while they're outperforming their xG, they will try to utilise their pace up top as well as set pieces.

We should win, but if we don't score early it could be a tough watch - 0-1

Pope, Trippier, Schar, Botman, Burn, Longstaff, Bruno, Tonali, Almiron, Wilson, Barnes.

6 points behind 5th place right now, possibly 8-9 if we don't win.

This game absolutely is a must win as much as some people want to act like it isn't. Hell, anything less than 3 points against a newly promoted side with 1 point isn't a good result anyway.

We've got a very nice stretch of PL games we need to take advantage of, especially after 3 points in our first 4 games (which were very tough).

We'll win it by a couple of goals and our midfield will finally look like clicking a bit with some confidence!

3 hours ago, McCormick said:

Any danger of Hall getting minutes for this?

At some point we are going to need to introduce footballing defenders if we continue to struggle with retaining the ball and getting it up the pitch. You don't spend £30-40m on subs who will stay on the bench indefinitely.

20 hours ago, Aiston said:

6 points behind 5th place right now, possibly 8-9 if we don't win.

This game absolutely is a must win as much as some people want to act like it isn't. Hell, anything less than 3 points against a newly promoted side with 1 point isn't a good result anyway.

We've got a very nice stretch of PL games we need to take advantage of, especially after 3 points in our first 4 games (which were very tough).

We'll win it by a couple of goals and our midfield will finally look like clicking a bit with some confidence!

It’s completely not a must win in any regard.