Sheffield United Vs Newcastle United 24/09/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

Would quite like to see

Pope

Trippier schar botman Hall

Bruno Longstaff

Gordon                  Barnes

Isak

Wilson

This is where it gets interesting. Sunday game, midweek v City, weekend game v Burnley then PSG. Players will have to be rotated. I agree with a few, either left back or right back might come in but not both. Livramento seems the most likely to start but a lot might come down to niggles and fatigue. Wilson to start for me, Barnes and Elliott to come back in too. Definitely missing Willock in these rotations and a fully fit Joelinton for that matter.

6 hours ago, r0cafella said:

We might have to shuffle the pack abit for this, we can’t be running our players into the ground, Bruno must be Knackered in particular. 

Another issue with not signing a DM is we have no one to bring in for Bruno, unless they think Miley is ready ?

Id be surprised if the team isn’t the same as it was against Brentford except Miggy in for Gordon. We will then see wholesale changes against City in the cup.

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

This is where it gets interesting. Sunday game, midweek v City, weekend game v Burnley then PSG. Players will have to be rotated. I agree with a few, either left back or right back might come in but not both. Livramento seems the most likely to start but a lot might come down to niggles and fatigue. Wilson to start for me, Barnes and Elliott to come back in too. Definitely missing Willock in these rotations and a fully fit Joelinton for that matter.

Nit-picking but that's either 'Harvey AND Elliott' or 'Barnes AND Anderson' 

Using the formal AND familiar in the context of two people suggests favouritism. 

In a similar vein I'm sure I heard the commentator, last night, call Bruno, er, "Bruno" 

That's fine but I felt, if he's going to be familiar and for the benefit of the wider audience, he should quantify that by adding "Good" 

As in "Good Bruno" 

That way the audience won't be confused with the other, rat faced, whiny cunt, "Shit Bruno" 

Much easier to stick with surnames. Unless there's a Good Smith and/or a Shit Smith, I guess 🤔😉

I'm relieved we've got until Sunday for this, like.  

Pretty crucial that we get a positive result here cos there's absolutely zero chance we progress in the League Cup, considering what team we'll be forced to field against Man City. Could do without going into Burnley (h) without mounting pressure and a bad feeling. 

I wouldn't take a draw if you offered it, but it probably wouldn't be the worst result in the world. In literally every other season since the beginning of football they'd have just won at Spurs, so they're obviously not mugs. 

Pope

Trippier     Schar      Botman     Burn

Bruno

Longstaff             Tonali

Miggy                                      Barnes

Wilson

54 minutes ago, STM said:

Pope

Trippier     Schar      Botman     Burn

Bruno

Longstaff             Tonali

Miggy                                      Barnes

Wilson

Don't think this will be far off. Quite a decent rest until this one, then we'll rotate a fair bit v City.

At some point Howe is going to have to actually rest one of those back 4 rather than just wait for them to get injured till he changes it. Needs to start getting Livramento some proper game time. Sheff Utd would be the perfect timing and opponent.

3 hours ago, Mazzy said:

At some point Howe is going to have to actually rest one of those back 4 rather than just wait for them to get injured till he changes it. Needs to start getting Livramento some proper game time. Sheff Utd would be the perfect timing and opponent.

Agreed, but it doesn't need to be this Sunday. Wouldn't be surprised if 2-3 of the defence were rested v City.

Edited by The Prophet

Hopefully, this is our Fulham from last season.

Interesting to look back at our start last year. We were great against Forest and had strong underdog displays against City & Liverpool, but were a bit insipid against Wolves, Palace, and Bournemouth. From Fulham, things started to click a lot more.

12 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

These results aren't gonna define the season man.

I’m just trying to say that losing to a newly promoted side and bowing out of the League Cup could add some real pressure to the side that they havn’t really felt. I’m not one of them, but losses to Man City, Brighton and Liverpool had people questioning Howe and the squad on here. People have even turned on our best players.. 

I’d go full strength for this one, and then against city go with:

Pope

Livramento

Lascelles

Murphy/Burn

Hall

miley

anderson

joelinton if fit 

murphy

wilson

barnes