Sheffield United Vs Newcastle United 24/09/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

Pope

Schar   Botman   Burn

Trippier  Tonali   Longstaff   Gordon

Bruno    Isak

Wilson

Try this for fun.

3 hours ago, black_n_white said:

I’ve read Botman had a reason for not travelling with squad but will be available? Hall I suspect will play in the league cup, it may well be Targett at left back tomorrow, maybe a back four of Tino, Lascelles, Burn and Hall in the league cup?

Aye that’s what I’m reading now. 

Nothing on Hall.  

I fully expect Burn to start tomorrow.  

7 hours ago, Beren said:

Pope

Schar   Botman   Burn

Trippier  Tonali   Longstaff   Gordon

Bruno    Isak

Wilson

Try this for fun

That is pretty much how we spend alot of time lined up on the pitch in-game anyway with whatever players we have on at any given moment. It might be 433 on the team sheet but it's 343 alot of the time.

It's the reason Burn is basically undroppable, as there isn't any better way to replicate it without him in the team or without Howe changing his gameplan (the one that got us into UCL) to fit Targett or Hall into that team.

Just now, Mazzy said:

That is pretty much how we spend alot of time lined up on the pitch in-game anyway with whatever players we have on at any given moment. It might be 433 on the team sheet but it's 343 alot of the time.

It's the reason Burn is basically undroppable, as there isn't any better way to replicate it without him in the team or without Howe changing his gameplan (the one that got us into UCL) to fit Targett or Hall into that team.

They didn't buy Hall  at that price to sit forever so Eddie must have a plan.

Perfect opportunity as one of the easier games (on paper at least) we'll be having for some time to give Livramento & Hall their first start, while giving both Trippier & Burn a rest until the Man City game. However my Howe-senses tells me the line-up will be exactly the same as against AC Milan. Only changes, if Edide does make any, will be to start Almiron & Wilson for Isak & Murphy.

1 hour ago, McDog said:

They didn't buy Hall  at that price to sit forever so Eddie must have a plan.

No ofcourse not, nor did they with Targett, albeit for less than Hall will eventually cost. There is a plan no doubt, but as Howe says every week, he'll pick a team he thinks gives Newcastle the best chance to win the game, and right now 99% of the time that team involves Burn.

Just now, Mazzy said:

No ofcourse not, nor did they with Targett, albeit for less than Hall will eventually cost. There is a plan no doubt, but as Howe says every week, he'll pick a team he thinks gives Newcastle the best chance to win the game, and right now 99% of the time that team involves Burn.

No argument here. Hall has to feature at some point.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I was there with my dad - honestly, I think you had the better afternoon by the sounds of it.  Still one of the worst performances by a good NUFC side I’ve seen. 

Is that where Keegan quoted 'shef utds desperation won over Newcastle's aspirations'? 

Nathan Blake seemed to be around a long time or maybe it's because I thought he was Ebanks-blake too

2 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Is that where Keegan quoted 'shef utds desperation won over Newcastle's aspirations'? 

Nathan Blake seemed to be around a long time or maybe it's because I thought he was Ebanks-blake too

That’s the one :) - it’s a great quote, too.  We were absolutely terrible that afternoon - probably the worst KK NUFC performance, deffo worst that season - happily, Arsenal couldn’t catch us in 3rd after it as they didn’t win that weekend and our GD was miles better (and of course we beat them the weekend after in any case).