Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester City (27/09/23)

Disco

Knew it would be something like that, except was thinking Liverpool

Scant reward for the efforts and in the end might have done everyone else a favour

Did expect this season to be this generations 94/95 - Got one Manchester away after the other at home in the league-cup back then.

Edited by Wolfcastle

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I like that we pick our moments more tbh. Think it will pay off long term as we will maintain intensity through the season.

Against better teams sitting in that compact block in the middle of our half for periods to close off spaces in between the lines will also make things harder for these possession based sides.

Once we really get a hang of it, I think it has potential against better sides.

It's called great management.

It will be on Wednesday 1st November. Manchester derby is on the Sunday before it. They then have Fulham early kick off on the Saturday. 

Sandwiched between Wolves away and Arsenal at home for us (both on a Saturday at half five) 

That was a class performance. Kept it tight first half and played really well on second. Bruno transformed our midfield and Tino and Joelinton were amazing.

Not scared of Man Utd at all, we’ll beat them.

I went from not really caring about the game to having the most positive experience watching us all season. I feel even better than what I did after the 8-0. Just so proud of the team for that second half! Bruno really needed that Sheffield United game, his confidence looks great now. Different team when he came on. Also positively surprised by the squad depth we have at the moment. Didn't realise that our reserves could perform like this. I can only imagine that this will be a nice confidence boost to the entire squad.

Although it was the best Bruno has played this season. It also goes to show that we take him for granted even when he isn’t 100%. Nobody else can get close to what he can do for us, changed the game

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

I went from not really caring about the game to having the most positive experience watching us all season. I feel even better than what I did after the 8-0. Just so proud of the team for that second half! Bruno really needed that Sheffield United game, his confidence looks great now. Different team when he came on. Also positively surprised by the squad depth we have at the moment. Didn't realise that our reserves could perform like this. I can only imagine that this will be a nice confidence boost to the entire squad.

I was the same. I was up on my feet at home cheering the late Dummett and Targett tackles/interceptions. Loved the passion we showed! 

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I was surprised we went with the changes so early to try and win it, very happy we did though. 

I was a bit too but its made me think that often changes are like the cavalry and too late, provoked on many occasions by being behind or time running out and this preempts that or at least the criticism that it was left too late.

Edited by Jonas

Most importantly it can't be understated how the last week has turned out for us, the confidence of an 8-0 victory followed by beating one of the best teams in the world, even with the changes. Our players will feel they can beat anyone right now. 

27 minutes ago, Vaj said:

It will be on Wednesday 1st November. Manchester derby is on the Sunday before it. They then have Fulham early kick off on the Saturday. 

Sandwiched between Wolves away and Arsenal at home for us (both on a Saturday at half five) 

I will be in Turkey playing golf on that exact date..  Yes I'm showing off.

21 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Latter part is, begrudgingly, worth the likes it received but that first sentence had me thinking you should fuck off 😂

"not really caring" 🤔 

Why the fuck not? 

Class 2nd half. Bruno and Gordon completely changed the game and injected life and belief into all the others.

We couldn't keep the ball to save our lives 1st half and you could tell they were scared to lose the ball because City keep it so well, just like the league game. 

But Bruno straight away got on the ball and then we went aggressive with our press. I think we have shown that's the only way to play City now. You have to risk losing chances to them because if you don't get stuck into them they just keep the ball and wear you down. 

Some great performances and it helps keep the momentum that we are starting to generate. 

Only negative is the more games we have, you can tell this squad is gonna be stretched to fuck. I whinced every time a player went down injured. There are a few like Bruno that are just crucial we keep fit. 

1 hour ago, Bally21 said:

You couldn't make it up, mad first 4 league games, CL group of death, City away in LC, followed by Manure away... 

Didn't know City played at St James's Park!😉

Edited by Joe1984
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Latter part is, begrudgingly, worth the likes it received but that first sentence had me thinking you should fuck off 😂

"not really caring" 🤔 

Why the fuck not? 

Ofcourse I cared, but I didn't have much expectations and didn't feel nervous like I usually do when I have expectations for a game. That's what I meant.

Edited by Erikse