Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester City (27/09/23)

Disco

Great performance! Dare I say it, not that much different to the game at the Etihad, but we kept them out and managed to conjure up a strong spell where we scored. We didn't do that at their place and it was enough for some to see the game as a disaster.

We restricted them to only two shots on target. It must be their fewest in a while. Brilliant from Livramento and great to see Joelinton back and firing. He's a monster on his day.

1 minute ago, Stottie said:

Great performance! Dare I say it, not that much different to the game at the Etihad, but we kept them out and managed to conjure up a strong spell where we scored. We didn't do that at their place and it was enough for some to see the game as a disaster.

We restricted them to only two shots on target. It must be their fewest in a while. Brilliant from Livramento and great to see Joelinton back and firing. He's a monster on his day.

Disagree. We had a particularly strong spell for 15 minutes after half time, but we were subsequently confident on the ball and still a threat throughout. They knew we were there.

You can't call that a spell IMO.  The Etihad was 90 minutes of today's first half. It was a different performance completely.

8 minutes ago, 1964 said:

He could not have been any more fucking annoying could he?

He was a cunt.

He’s always like that though. Any game where someone has a spell of possession, even if they don’t do anything, he says they are dominant. He usually sticks by the overall favourite, and sings their praises throughout, even if the other team is winning, he just says it’s a matter of time before they overcome it.

In a Sunderland vs Hull match recently which ended 4-4, he would say whoever had just scored that they were absolutely dominant, despite goals literally coming one after the other and the game being very open.

He has a very noticeable inability to read a game, but it’s ok because usually he’s only assigned to Championship games, and everyone is used to the coverage being full of people who don’t watch the games.

Edited by Stifler

Pope - 7. One big save. 

Livramento - 9. Exceptional.

Lascelles - 8. Cap.

Dummett - 8. Slide tackle.

Targett- 8. Best in ages.

Miley - 5. Young. 

Tonali - 6. Improved. 

Joelinton - 8. Big dog.

(Bruno) - 8. Stardust. 

Murphy - 7. Trouble. 

Isak - 7. Clinical. 

Hall - 5. Academy. 

(Gordon) - 7. Aggressive. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

I feel I go on about Gordon every game now, but he’s becoming one of my favourite players quite quickly. So good.

Got great intangibles for our style of play.

Changed the game at the weekend with his quality.

Today he changed it with his intensity. Got the crowd and his team mates going, and we scored off the back of that lift.