LCR4: Manchester United vs. Newcastle United - 01/11/23 @ 20:15 (Sky Sports)

Just now, Kilcline said:

Steve Howey told me all about trying to play centre forward 

I watched you up front once when we were chasing a game, wiped out one of our own trying to get to a ball you didn't get. If nowtnelse you were entertaining.

We don't want to go too light, I mean we hardly want to go to Old Trafford and lose 4-0 do we? Gordon is only 22 and shouldn't really have any fitness issues with this kind of turnaround. The likes of Trippier shouldn't be near the team with Arsenal and Dortmund coming within a week of it though. 

When you're missing Isak, Tonali, Barnes, Murphy, Anderson, Botman, even L Miley, and 4 of your 25 man squad contain Kraft (harsh I know, but still), Manq, Dummy and Ritchie, it's just not feasible trying to juggle 3 or 4 competitions, plus it's a tough match on paper, so it won't feel like an opportunity missed if it was say Bmouth at home again like the L16 last year. Rest them all, and keep them as fresh as possible for Arsenal.

I would rather win on Wednesday than beat Arsenal like, if we knock Man United out we have a very realistic chance of winning this trophy looking at who is left in it. We will likely play the reserves on Wednesday get beat and then play a stronger team against Arsenal and still get beat anyway.

Edited by Geogaddi

Just now, Geogaddi said:

I would rather win on Wednesday that beat Arsenal like, if we knock Man United out we have a very realistic chance of winning this trophy looking at who is left in it.

I'd take a win over Arsenal 10 times out of 10. I think a top 6/7 position, and European football next season, is almost invaluable for a club looking to impress itself on the international level.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

I'd take a win over Arsenal 10 times out of 10. I think a top 6/7 position, and European football next season, is almost invaluable for a club looking to impress itself on the international level.

We will be top 7 regardless of the result against Arsenal.

4 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

We will be top 7 regardless of the result against Arsenal.

I like our chances but it's definitely not cut and dried... 7, 8, 9 are Brighton, MU and West Ham. We'll likely be 7 end of tomorrow. Don't think we'll stay there but upper-mid table is going to be a dogfight this season.

Edited by Upthemags

8 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I would rather win on Wednesday than beat Arsenal like, if we knock Man United out we have a very realistic chance of winning this trophy looking at who is left in it. We will likely play the reserves on Wednesday get beat and then play a stronger team against Arsenal and still get beat anyway.

Agreed O0

16 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

This. The win would be a massive lift pre Arsenal also.

will be honest, I would throw this game as next round we would just draw Arsenal or Liverpool. after City and Man United... almost as unreal draw as the CL group.

there are PL clubs yet to face a PL club in Carabao we have City and United...

also if United goes through it helps us in a way to keep them tired later on.

I also expect City to nick the win tomorrow in the manchester derby meaning Ten  Hag will want to bounce back vs Newcastle and use a stronger line up.

Team on Wednesday is going to be honking, honestly would go something like:

Dubravka

Livramento

Murphy

Dummett

Targett

Hall

Willock

Ritchie

Youth Player

Joelinton 

Parkinson

1 hour ago, TBG said:

Can we keep a record of those who want to rotate most of the team and or throw the game.

Just so we can disregard them complaining about the changes and or getting beat.

The only ones I’d be happy seeing rotated are the full backs - the one area where we have good cover, and where the first teamers are clearly knackered.  Last I checked we haven’t won enough trophies recently to start sacking off cup competitions 

1 hour ago, BShearer said:

will be honest, I would throw this game as next round we would just draw Arsenal or Liverpool. after City and Man United... almost as unreal draw as the CL group.

there are PL clubs yet to face a PL club in Carabao we have City and United...

also if United goes through it helps us in a way to keep them tired later on.

I also expect City to nick the win tomorrow in the manchester derby meaning Ten  Hag will want to bounce back vs Newcastle and use a stronger line up.

The CL draw was a highlight of the season for me.  Loved it

1 hour ago, Upthemags said:

I’d rather see us win a trophy than finish top 6/7.  I’ve seen us finish top 6/7 a dozen times - would much rather see us with a bit of silverware.  Also, I don’t think it is either / or. 

edit:  also, I understand winning things does actually lead to European football

Edited by TheBrownBottle