LCR4: Manchester United vs. Newcastle United - 01/11/23 @ 20:15 (Sky Sports)

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Obviously not. Despite us having absolutely no chance of winning it, sadly the Champions League is more important than the League Cup. 

Btw how does rotate = 'throw the game'? Did you miss the Man City game?

We have such a thin sqaud atm. Any proper rotation is akin to throwing it. There's probably only 3 rotations we could make that gives us a proper chance of winning.

4 minutes ago, OCK said:

Man U are in the exact same situation, so it'll be interesting to see what teams are put out

Onana

Dalot

Varane

Maguire

Reguilon

Amrabat

Mount

Fernandes

Antony

Garnacho

Martial

I would be hoping for something like this.

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We have such a thin sqaud atm. Any proper rotation is akin to throwing it. There's probably only 3 rotations we could make that gives us a proper chance of winning.

So then the choices are 'throw the game' or flog the players until they're all wrecked?

6 hours ago, madras said:

Having watched the un19s in The UEFA thing on TV I'm not so sure.

It's not even about the kids being any good, more that our attacking players could probably use a breather especially if the game has gone late on and Eddie has said he won't play people out of position. Five full backs and two keepers is a waste of time.

Pope

Livramento

Lascelles

Dummett

Targett/Burn

Longstaff

Bruno

Hall

Almiron

Gordon

Joelinton

For me, I'd be playing Willock vs Arsenal in place of Joelinton and I'd be weary of him playing two games in a short space of time after a long lay off. I'd also be playing Targett vs Arsenal and after a lack of action for a long time I'd be tempted to play Burn vs Man Utd if it meant Targett was ok to play vs Arsenal.

For all those saying drop all of our key players, did you even want us to enter this competition? 

Seems like people have thrown in the towel already for this game, so dropping big players gives a ready made excuse for the defeat.

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Onana

Dalot

Varane

Maguire

Reguilon

Amrabat

Mount

Fernandes

Antony

Garnacho

Martial

I would be hoping for something like this.

Looks considerably better than the lineup we'll put out, should we also make wholesale changes. 

I still don't have a clue how providing the fringe players with an opportunity and/or safeguarding our most frequently-featured players from injury or burnout = wanting to throw the game.

Like I said before, it's like no one watched the Man City game. I expect us to go to Old Trafford and be competitive regardless of the individuals selected.