West Ham United 2-2 Newcastle United (08/10/23)

BlueStar

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

Many of whom appear to think that you are as tiresome as I do. Nope. It’s everyone else. Not your behavior. The man who starved to death looking at his own reflection would tell you to get over yourself.

Can you find the part where I criticise anyone other than you? All you have is lying and then turning around looking for approval. Quite a limited existence.

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Can you find the part where I criticise anyone other than you? All you have is lying and then turning around looking for approval. Quite a limited existence.

How did i lie? You yourself told Pata that it was reasonable to think that. If anyone is now lying here…

let me ask you this then. You’ve mentioned the group and being accepted. Why do you appear to feel attacked by the group? Is it the group? Or is it you?

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

30 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Is it though? What does he bring to the side? What excites you about hearing his name on the team sheet beyond being local? 

From what I’ve seen, he looks like a water carrier. 

Yes. 

He's actually a rather intelligent footballer imo. He's getting better and better each game on the ball, his ball carrying is good and going up, his vision and passing is good and going up, his touch and ball control is really improving with each game. He can run with it with confidence against most and he looks to play people in. Also looks for 1-2s. Good in the air, looks to have a decent shot and has been very unlucky.

A nothing player is a wildly exaggerated negative summary imo and I'll be honest suggeats you're not really watching him. Sorry.

Think he's a better CM than LW personally but it's very, very early days. He's only started playing for a PL club properly this year really.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

How did i lie? You yourself told Pata that it was reasonable to think that. If anyone is now lying here…

You’re lying because you repeatedly state as fact things I neither think or have said, and invite people to scorn / join in on that basis. 

Have I misread the comment about thinking im better than everyone else? If so, I apologise. 

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Yes. 

He's actually a rather intelligent footballer imo. He's getting better and better each game on the ball, his ball carrying is good and going up, his vision and passing is good and going up, his touch and ball control is really improving with each game. He can run with it with confidence against most and he looks to play people in. Also looks for 1-2s. Goi in the air, looks to have a decent shot and has been very unlucky.

A nothing player is a wildly exaggerated negative summary imo jd I'll be honest suggeats you're not really watching him. Sorry.

Fair enough, I’ll keep those comments in mind next time I watch him and review my opinion. 

He was poor first half , did better second. He's got good feet and several times found himself in space with both hands up asking for the ball only for the ball to go elsewhere . He doesn't look to my eye switched on enough defensively especially when played in a centre midfield role.  He needs time and to gain the trust of his teammates. I everyone was fit he wouldn't be getting the appearances that he does, but he's looking ok.   

6 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

If you don't like it you just ignore it, it's what the ignore button is for after all.

I generally don’t because even the most tiresome posters have some insight. I get seriously annoyed with TCD but learn some things I didn’t know from him, so the benefit outweighs the cost. 

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I generally don’t because even the most tiresome posters have some insight. I get seriously annoyed with TCD but learn some things I didn’t know from him, so the benefit outweighs the cost. 

How gracious of you.

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Fair point like.

A shame we couldn't hang on for the W but a decent result considering we went a goal down and the injuries we have. From international break to this one a very good run of results and a very winnable game when we return. I sense a much needed break and rest for some of the lads not on international duty and get some back from injury. All good in my eyes. 

15 minutes ago, Willow said:

Anyone got any thoughts on how Anderson did today

I felt he was to blame for the equaliser, as he surged forward to close the opposing defender down while leaving us outnumbered 2v1 which ultimately lead to the goal. My heart sank when he couldn’t catch up because I had a bad feeling something might come out of that. But he was knackered and Howe should have subbed him off well before that.

Other than that he was tidy on the ball but had two chances to make a shot in the box but fluffed his lines. Similar to what we saw in the previous games.

You have to have young homegrown players to flush out the squad. 

Behind the scenes they are doing alot of work to improve this but it takes time for young players to come through. 

Anderson is essentially 6th choice midfielder? Or 3rd/4th choice left of the three if we consider Willock, Joelinton and probably Tonali ahead of him if everyone is fit. 

I don't quite get the reason for piling on to a young lad who has done well to fill in for us during these injuries. 

Every team, if they get down to the 6th choice midfielder would be playing one of their young home grown players. 

If he was "elite" level he would not be happy being in that sort of squad role. 

Due to FFP we can't just flush out the squad with quality internationals immediately, when we get injuries we have to play players like Anderson who has, all being considered, done well so far.

1 minute ago, NufcJ said:

A shame we couldn't hang on for the W but a decent result considering we went a goal down and the injuries we have. From international break to this one a very good run of results and a very winnable game when we return. I sense a much needed break and rest for some of the lads not on international duty and get some back from injury. All good in my eyes. 

Absolutely. What a squad and coaching job since losing at Brighton and with all the injuries and new challenges.