Newcastle United 4-0 Crystal Palace (21/10/23)

Disco

33 minutes ago, duo said:

Murphys best game since he's been at the club, his crossing was superb.  I thought it was odd Bruno just stood at the half way line after Gordon and Longstaff scored - didn't join in the celebration with everyone else. :pokerface:

Not his best game.....but the one where he's been out MotM.

He was outstanding today.

57 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Makes me laugh reading Redcafe. They're all posting "How the fuck do Newcastle score so many goals" "Look at their scorers: Murphy, Gordon, Longstaff". Denial by the kilowatt.

Aint enough 300k per week players Ten Hag out there!

I mean i think quite sensibly on redcafe they were talking about willingness to be coached, their players come thinking they are superstars and nothing to learn. having said that, that is why the big coaches get paid the big bucks surely. 

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

Makes me laugh reading Redcafe. They're all posting "How the fuck do Newcastle score so many goals" "Look at their scorers: Murphy, Gordon, Longstaff". Denial by the kilowatt.

Just had a look, they were so graceful towards us I almost don't hate @Froggy anymore.

Well that was class.

Still very unnatural to feel so comfortable throughout. [emoji38]

Not sure if it's because we have a group of players with more animated facial expressions than in previous years, but it does seem like they get properly pissed off with each other when someone fluffs a chance, or misplaces the final ball.

Gordon and Wilson in particular seem very impassioned :laugh:

49 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

There’s a vibe about this season. There’s a certain romance. I’m smelling something in the air…

Last season we kept feeling like we were playing above our level. Now we're just in cruise control as a top side :coolsmiley:

44 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Last season we kept feeling like we were playing above our level. Now we're just in cruise control as a top side :coolsmiley:

This is it I think. I think last season we weren't expecting it and were fretting over what might happen. This season I'm just enjoying the ride. We could finish 3rd, could finish 7th, but we're playing some of the most exciting football we have for years and it's just fun. 

8 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Just realised Guehi's cheeks are keeping Tripps onside. :lol:

Nobody has the 4th in real time because they're too busy watching Doucoure's shot on the replay.

Sky Sports YouTube highlights tried to stitch various angles together to make it look like they didn't fuck it up :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Charlies said:

I know it’s been said in the thread but I love that Longstaff run, you’d think teams would of caught onto it by now

This is what I was getting at with our sheer relentlessness. We must try this sort of combo 12-15 times a game at least. Teams can try and stop it, can deal with it maybe 3/4s of the time no bother, but eventually the quality is going to get through or they'll switch off for a split second and that's it, we're in. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut