Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-2 Newcastle United (28/10/23)

Disco

I’m livid with Pope for that clanger punch but overall it’s a decent point. Wolves are a much better team than their league position suggests.

Bruno was superb but Tripps had his worst game of the season. We were the better side for an hour of that match though.

Think it’s obvious that we are trying to spread our energy over the five games starting from today up to Bournemouth.

Edited by Wandy

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

a-good-idea.jpg?height=630&width=1200

Under Bruce, McClaren, et al we craved an identity and blueprint. Now we have that with a Klopp-esque pressing 4-3-3. The attacking numbers this season show it's pretty damn effective too. I don't see why we need to change shape to accommodate one player because a few of our fans thrown a tantrum whenever we drop points.

By the way, if you want a flavour of how other fans will talk about us if we actually start winning trophies, have a look around at the various other teams’ forums with regards to the penalty today. We will be utterly despised. :lol:

I think the Pope punch criticism is a bit OTT. He had to come in to a crowd and it was absolutely tanking it so he probably thought trying to catch was a bit risky...you saw their keeper spill one for our 1st. Was a decent punch that cleared the area and then absolutely shite defending by 4 players to allow them to score. 

4 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

I think the Pope punch criticism is a bit OTT. He had to come in to a crowd and it was absolutely tanking it so he probably thought trying to catch was a bit risky...you saw their keeper spill one for our 1st. Was a decent punch that cleared the area and then absolutely shite defending by 4 players to allow them to score. 

I agree. He committed himself to a reasonable decision. 

All in all, a fair result. And actually a good effort from the players considering we were away from home and had the CL on Wednesday.

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

A fair point.

A fair point, and Im not hanging Burn out here but he got rinsed a couple of times and we got away with it. He was very tired early on, and you can find pros/cons sub or not. 

Edited by nufc123

18 hours ago, Pilko said:

Hwang fast becoming one of those bang average players who'll have a "Vs Newcastle" career highlight reel that makes him look like Pele.

Evan Ferguson has 4 goals this season, he scored a hat trick against us.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

Let's just focus on the positives. Wolves are a good side with a lot of dangerous players, we could have easily left with no points, I think a lot of big teams will be caught out by them this season. Big Joe is looking much sharper, and close to full fitness and little Joe got some more minutes on the clock. Bruno also looked fantastic.