Manchester United 0-3 Newcastle United (01/11/23)

Disco

Think Dalot is a good footballer tbf. Obvs a more attacking FB than defensive.

Think to what happens when either of our flanks get overloaded or runners start moving into space to create trouble, a midfielder or a WF drop back to help out. We protect our players when they come under pressure. Antony did the square root of F.A. to help Dalot out. Same with the midfield pair largely and he also didn’t get much support from his CB.

On top of that he was clearly tasked with trying to be a key attacking outlet. Just got left out to dry by his teammates for most of the match. 

Love how I keep reading that it was our B team. I would say this was comfortably a C team. Still had the likes of Barnes, Murphy, Miley, Anderson, Tonali all missing who would have started if fit. Plus players like Lascelles rested due to filling in for Botman recently. 
Plus as mentioned, essentially playing with 10 as Ritchie's legs went about 2 years ago.  

I love how Man United being shit is still talked about like it's surprising among pundits and fan podcasters. They've been shit off and on for 10 years, even when they've succeeded in relative terms, they've never really looked good, their best periods have been as a counter attacking team.

On - just enough for their fans and ex-players to get ahead of themselves and arrogantly hype up how good they are and how they're going to challenge 

Then off - to make all of that arrogance and hype come crashing down nothing short of hilarious until the next time it happens 

Man United are the Liverpool of the 90s. A team that the youngest generations will be wondering why anyone's talking about this much

Edited by Kid Icarus

Neville is right, on reflection. The chaos behind the scenes is paralysing that club. No-one, either publicly or privately, can give Ten Haag any reassurance about his future or even sack him, because Ratcliffe is supposedly going to be taking over the football side of the business. Even then, it's not going to be clear who is going to be in control, because one of the Glasers will be part of the trio managing the football side, and as the majority shareholders, they will surely still have some sort of veto over decisions.

No manager of any repute is going to walk into that situation either. It's even worse than the mess that Shepherd made over Sir Bob's succession. 

There's more than enough talent in the squad to get into the top four and challenge for trophies. But everyone's on shifting sand. What a mess.

13 minutes ago, Abacus said:

There's only man who can roll up his sleeves, dust himself down and sort out the mess Man U are in now.

That's right, it's time to swap the Hag for the Hog.

Who is the Hog?

Just now, Cronky said:

Neville is right, on reflection. The chaos behind the scenes is paralysing that club. No-one, either publicly or privately, can give Ten Haag any reassurance about his future or even sack him, because Ratcliffe is supposedly going to be taking over the football side of the business. Even then, it's not going to be clear who is going to be in control, because one of the Glasers will be part of the trio managing the football side, and as the majority shareholders, they will surely still have some sort of veto over decisions.

No manager of any repute is going to walk into that situation either. It's even worse than the mess that Shepherd made over Sir Bob's succession. 

There's more than enough talent in the squad to get into the top four and challenge for trophies. But everyone's on shifting sand. What a mess.

Glorious isn’t it ?

Managers never survive ownership change and while it's not complete eth won't be ratcliffes man. Look at tuchel at Chelsea was given summer window then quickly dispensed with, will be ultimately be better off without uncertainty

Redcafe loons......

lex talionis said:

"We were crap, but Newcastle's finishing was the kind of stuff you only see on YouTube videos. Whoever scored those goals will never score goals like that ever again in their careers.

But let's not take our eye off the ball...we were crap. Decaying fecal matter too rotten for even the lowliest housefly to bother with."

"You’re right though. However, it seems to be the case with any half decent team we play: they score great goals easily, the ball always bounces their way, the officials tend to believe their extravagantly acrobatic dives. I wonder if after dominating English football for so long, other clubs know that we’re now ripe for revenge and just love whipping our arses.
At the moment though I am so sick of it I’m never sure whether it’s my own darkened lens I’m looking through and seeing things that aren’t really there. Don’t think so, mind."

Just now, TBG said:

Gonna have to go back and watch the Overlap episode to confirm, but didn't Neville have Man Utd challenging for the title this season.

lol. 

Does it every time there's a sniff of them pushing on. Dunno how much he did this year, but he massively did when they signed Ronaldo and Varane.

In fairness i didn't have them being this bad thought they'd be similar to last season solid not especially exciting but efficient. Not really sure how it's gone quite this wrong. Very rare you see a player go quite so quickly off the pace as casemiro

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Does it every time there's a sniff of them pushing on. Dunno how much he did this year, but he massively did when they signed Ronaldo and Varane.

Now they’ve flipped 180, team has down tools and they want shot of them all. They must be praying for a Saudi bailout :lol:

3 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Redcafe loons......

lex talionis said:

"We were crap, but Newcastle's finishing was the kind of stuff you only see on YouTube videos. Whoever scored those goals will never score goals like that ever again in their careers.

But let's not take our eye off the ball...we were crap. Decaying fecal matter too rotten for even the lowliest housefly to bother with."

"You’re right though. However, it seems to be the case with any half decent team we play: they score great goals easily, the ball always bounces their way, the officials tend to believe their extravagantly acrobatic dives. I wonder if after dominating English football for so long, other clubs know that we’re now ripe for revenge and just love whipping our arses.
At the moment though I am so sick of it I’m never sure whether it’s my own darkened lens I’m looking through and seeing things that aren’t really there. Don’t think so, mind."

That first guy must have missed Willock scoring past them last year as well :lol:

Just now, TBG said:

Gonna have to go back and watch the Overlap episode to confirm, but didn't Neville have Man Utd challenging for the title this season.

lol. 

Tbf they did finish 3rd last year and bagged a cup. Not a massive stretch. Obvs makes the current shit show more delicious

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

Tbf they did finish 3rd last year and bagged a cup. Not a massive stretch. Obvs makes the current shit show more delicious

I was never impressed with them last season personally, counter attack merchants. They lack any patterns of play.