Newcastle United 1-0 Arsenal (04/11/23) - Post match reaction from p. 46

Yorkie

Ever since Arteta joined Arsenal he's whipped their whole fanbase into a frenzy "us vs them" mentality and it's made their fanbase even more unbearable than usual.

I've said it for a while but for me they're easily the worst fans on social media and just seem completely unedcuated on football

16 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Ever since Arteta joined Arsenal he's whipped their whole fanbase into a frenzy "us vs them" mentality and it's made their fanbase even more unbearable than usual.

I've said it for a while but for me they're easily the worst fans on social media and just seem completely unedcuated on football

Well the Mysterons didn't help Captain Black out today....if it was us I'd expect EH to complain ina more dignified matter....yes the ball over the line could be debatable, but in a true line its just in....never any foul from big Jo, and not remotely offside. Truly shocking that they took 3 looks in the first place, which does just show how desperate they were to disallow it.i, very not seen that before as 1 has always been enough.

36 minutes ago, joeyt said:

100%. I’ve been saying this to a few mates for a while. They seem to invent scenarios in their head. Then use them to score points in these imaginary skirmishes :lol: 

Constant “if that was us, it would be disallowed, a red, a foul etc etc.” 

Got into it with some of their fans after our 0-0 last year. Saying we should be embarrassed for the time wasting and how we set up. Like we should play the same brand of football as them for some reason. We tried to match them for 20 minutes, they battered us, so we changed tact. How dare teams play with different styles and tactics to try and get a result. 

Arteta is like a kid with ADHD that has been given a 2L bottle of Happy Shopper pop every week. Then a stroppy Karen post-match when he doesn’t get his own way. Pure cunt of a bloke. Can’t stand him and his XS Ryderwear leggings. 

Their fanbase has started mirroring him with the way they carry on. 

2 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Wenger and SAF did this for years. Somehow didn’t come across quite so cuntish about it, though. 

SAF almost became a parody. Wenger the same with his “I didn’t see it” catchphrase :lol: 

Saw a better replay of the Havert's tackle, his front leg is studs up and you can see the fabric of Longstaff's socks catch on the heel of Havert's boots. That's inches from a legbreaker. Madness. 

16 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I mean their time wasting yesterday was embarrassing

Did it last season at SJP too. Assume its because their squad and that bell end manager of theirs got so #rattled by that 0-0 we got at the Emirates in January last season so just try and replicate it every time they play us up here.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

14 minutes ago, OCK said:

Saw a better replay of the Havert's tackle, his front leg is studs up and you can see the fabric of Longstaff's socks catch on the heel of Havert's boots. That's inches from a legbreaker. Madness. 

Said it last night - he's tried to do Longstaff 100% there. Even if he wins the ball it's going directly into the stands for a throw, he just saw the red mist and flew in to try and wipe him out. It was a blatant attempt to try and injure him with the nature of the tackle and the position it happened on the park. To not red card him was absolutely spineless and helped to kick the rest of the players off, ref was an arsehole all night 

15 minutes ago, OCK said:

100%. Also if Longstaff's leg is more planted also a leg breaker.

So many Arsenal fans have gone totally flat earth/birds are all fake on this game and the goal specifically.  They just will not acknowledge that all three decisions relating to the goal are highly debatable, so its correct for the on field decision to stand.

I do think we were lucky to get the goal just because we had three approx 50/50 decisions go our way in real time, so by this maths there is a 1 in 8 chance of the goal standing. VAR is explicitly set up to only overturn clear and obvious errors, there simply weren't any here. 

Balls to Arteta. If it had been  the other way around he'd be complaining about having 3 separate incidences looked and how it should have never gone to VAr in the first place.

Fact is that that VAR took the unprecedented step to look at three separate minor incidents in order to attempt to rule out this goal and still legitimately couldn't. 

I've never seen them review previous incidents like that and shows they were desperately trying to rule it out