Newcastle United 1-0 Arsenal (04/11/23) - Post match reaction from p. 46

Yorkie

And the winner for the most entitled manager of the year award.

Arteta for his post match performance after Newcastle beat them fair and square.

But a good rant shouldn't get in the way of a perfectly good goal.

Nice one Arteta maybe bring a good supply of Kleenex tissues the next time you come to the Toon.

Edited by prefabtoon

3 minutes ago, STM said:

I suspect Arsenal will drift after this.

The fewm their manager has over this is trying to screen how they hardly troubled Pope all game. There's just something fundamentally wrong with how they're playing at the moment but that's taking a backseat.

38 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Honestly, if you could pick a manager to score a really controversial winner against, Arteta and Klopp would be the two you’d have to pick from. I can’t actually believe it’s happened. My only gripe was that the ball wasn’t out of play by 3 yards. 

Bruce.jpeg

2 hours ago, David Edgar said:

Of course, but you can't just stick two hands in an opponents back and prevent them from jumping.

I don't understand why people are saying this. The ball barely cleared Gabriel's head and hit Joe in the chest. Neither of them needed to jump to head it.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I mean, Gabriel in the appeal to the referee is complaining about the ball over the line rather than him thinking he was fouled. 

Should have been yellow carded then. That's how it works right? When we questioned why Havertz wasn't sent off we got three yellows.

I generally quite like Arsenal now tbh. Don't have a problem with any of their players bar Havertz.

Having said that I can see this result sending them into a bit of a tailspin in the same way Citeh losing 1-0 to us did. Maybe provide a bit of tape for other sides to learn and frustrate Arsenal with.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Of all of last season's top 5, his Arsenal is the most toothless. Take Rice out and I'd put them out of this season's top 5 which for the money they've spent under Arteta is shocking. 

Odegaard is a big miss, would've potentially opened Saka/Martinelli up if he was in the half spaces across our midfield. I'll also never understand the Havertz transfer. They've gone backwards from last season, moreso now Jesus is crocked again.

1 minute ago, Beren said:

I generally quite like Arsenal now tbh. Don't have a problem with any of their players bar Havertz.

Having said that I can see this result sending them into a bit of a tailspin in the same way Citeh losing 1-0 to us did. Maybe provide a bit of tape for other sides to learn and frustrate Arsenal with.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952mautpz8vop1i4a4haz7

I’m the opposite. I loved them growing up and loads of my family support them. So was always pleased for

them up to a point. Now, I can’t stand their manager and their fans have become unbearable since Arteta took

over. 

Can’t say I mind most of their players. Decent to watch and not

loads of bad eggs. Havertz is an absolute rat, of course. 

The potential foul by Joelinton is the only questionable part of the VAR call, and it's a massive stretch for anyone to claim that was a definite infringement. They do get given though, but we got away with one much worse than this against West Ham.

The offside and over the line checks are just noise. There's absolutely zero proof either of those things happened. It would have been a colossal misuse of VAR for them to just guess :lol:

The controversy seems to boil down to VAR checked multiple things so they  should have found a reason to disallow it. Which isn't what football should be about at all. There was no obvious error. Most Arsenal fans don't even seem to know why they think it shouldn't count [emoji38]

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

The potential foul by Joelinton is the only questionable part of the VAR call, and it's a massive stretch for anyone to claim that was a definite infringement. They do get given though, but we got away with one much worse than this against West Ham.

The offside and over the line checks are just noise. There's absolutely zero proof either of those things happened. It would have been a colossal misuse of VAR for them to just guess :lol:

52eeUJamZaMomSRP.jpg:large

2 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

The controversy seems to boil down to VAR checked multiple things so they  should have found a reason to disallow it. Which isn't what football should be about at all. There was no obvious error. Most Arsenal fans don't even seem to know why they think it shouldn't count [emoji38]

The only thing they can complain about is Bruno not getting sent off. But then by that token, surely Havertz should have walked before any of that drama happened? 

Cry babies. Just like their cunt of a manager. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

28 minutes ago, Ben said:

The southern press are not happy with yesterday's result, people really don't like us. 

Fuck em.

I just find it so hard to believe that the London press would back Arsenal to the absolute fucking hilt over something as marginal as that goal. Again.

9 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952mautpz8vop1i4a4haz7

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I’m the opposite. I loved them growing up and loads of my family support them. So was always pleased for

them up to a point. Now, I can’t stand their manager and their fans have become unbearable since Arteta took

over. 

Can’t say I mind most of their players. Decent to watch and not

loads of bad eggs. Havertz is an absolute rat, of course. 

[emoji38] 

Well, one of my best mates is a Gooner so never going to be impartial.

Loved Wenger's early teams with Henry, they became pretty deplorable thereafter but I still really like Wenger. Hated the entitled fan base for hounding him out, and disliked them until Saka, Nketiah and Odeegard came along - who play good football and seem like a decent bunch. Arteta is obviously a bellend unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Arteta was asked directly by a journalist with a Geordie accent which of the three things was he claiming it should have been disallowed for and he just waved his arms about. Quite good and tenacious questioning actually, wonder if it was one of our heroes 

6 minutes ago, Beren said:

[emoji38] 

Loved Wenger's early teams with Henry, they became pretty deplorable thereafter but I still really like Wenger. Hated the entitled fan base for hounding him out, and disliked them until Saka, Nketiah and Odeegard came along - who play good football and seem like a decent bunch. Arteta is obviously a bellend unfortunately.

Wenger and his players were just as entitled as the fans.

6 minutes ago, Beren said:

[emoji38] 

27-of-the-funniest-most-hilarious-quotes-from-the-2-3042-1439993077-0_dblbig.thumb.jpg.021914b08c248d60b91feaa8f5bbaebf.jpg

Get a fucking grip, Beren. Tell him to eat shit like I did mine.