Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Newcastle United (07/11/23)

Yorkie

Bizarre half that, they've been the better team and probably deserve the lead, but we've not looked awful, maybe overawed a little in the first twenty, but we grew into the game as it went along, and had some nearly moments without really testing the Dortmund keeper. 

Also, its wild that Hall got booked for what he did, then stronger challenges like Sabitzers at the end goes unpunished :lol: 

So many late tackles and professional fouls to prevent the counter so they can get numbers back and they get away with it every time, seen it in every one of our UCL games so far. Feels like a 2 tier booking system, infuriating.

1 minute ago, Beren said:

Despite this I'm still annoyed how we started the game. Way too much reverence for Dortmund. They're a good side but Newcastle are better when not playing scared.

Still a better half than at Milan, hope we can turn this around in the second half.

Bit disappointing from Schar for the goal imo and we've had a few stages of sloppy passing but we're far from being out of this. Looked much better after we conceded, I think we might need AG and/or Miggy though, Wilson's not offered much

Been good since the goal. Trippier looks miles off it again. Same as last time against these.

Just a lack of quality in the final third, yet it still feels like there is something in this, both also the same as the home game. 

Eddie set us up to frustrate, we dropped deep and let them play, shouldnhave been after them and played on their weak confidence...he got it wrong....he is not infallible. We are much better when we go hell for leather. I bet we see a different second half