Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 11/11/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

37 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

These are absolutely dogshit we should beat these with ease

Yes, but they were last season and it was two 1-1s.

46 minutes ago, joeyt said:

And Ritchie is?

Has Miley even played a minute in the PL yet? Although I admit I would never have forseen recommending Ritchie ever started another game for us, but here we are.

Edited by Beth

36 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

These are absolutely dogshit we should beat these with ease

Yes, but they were last season but it was two 1-1s.

44 minutes ago, joeyt said:

And Ritchie is?

Has Miley even played a minute in the PL yet? Although I admit I would never have forseen recommending Ritchie ever started another game for us, but here we are.

27 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Was it two 1-1s last season?

Indeed. And we got 2 points from our last 3 fixtures last season, while this time we got 7 points from those fixtures. We're already up 6 points overall, and it could become 8 points after this one.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, Beth said:

Assuming Wilson is injured and Gordon is striker I'd rather play Ritchie LW and have a midfield three of Longstaff/Willock/Joe. Miley is not ready for the PL yet.

How do you know that? He's looked handy every time we've seen him so far & Howe clearly trusts him more than you'd typically trust a 17-year old lad.

I'd sooner try him out against a lower end PL side than go with Ritchie who we know isn't quick enough or good enough. Don't mind him coming off the bench as an experienced head in certain situations like Saturday gone but I'd only be starting him if we had no other option.

Not too confident about this without Bruno, Botman, Isak, Wilson, Tonali, Barnes, Burn, Murpho, Anderson, Targett and Manquillo.

These away games against teams fighting for their lives can be very tricky, as we saw with Liverpool at Luton. 

Will take an incredible effort to get all 3 points.

Draw seems more likely and feel that wouldn't be a bad result  considering the circumstances.

6 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

Not too confident about this without Bruno, Botman, Isak, Wilson, Tonali, Barnes, Burn, Murpho, Anderson, Targett and Manquillo.

These away games against teams fighting for their lives can be very tricky, as we saw with Liverpool at Luton. 

Draw seems more likely and feel that wouldn't be a bad result  considering the circumstances.

Anything other than a win would be a bad result 

15 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

Draw is not terrible, but we gotta start winning these away games. Can't just say "draw isn't bad" in every single away game. We have won 1 in 5 so far away from home. Their home form is 5 points from 6 games (3 of them at home to Burnley), so in other words they are not really hard to beat.

Edited by Erikse

I did say considering the circumstances, which on balance seems incredibly unlucky to be without so many big players.

If half of those absentees were available then I would expect to win.

Need to manage expectations a bit.

3 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

I did say considering the circumstances, which on balance seems incredibly unlucky to be without so many big players.

If half of those absentees were available then I would expect to win.

Need to manage expectations a bit.

We still beat Arsenal with many injuries. We still have a better starting 11 than more than half of the league.

Edited by Erikse

Something about playing Bournemouth I don't like, maybe it was the Gary O'Neil effect or just the shit low camera angle at their ground. 

We really struggled to create against them last season especially the low block. 

However, surely the task is far easier than playing Dortmund where every second ball was magnetically pulled towards their players and away from ours. 

I love to see us set up like we did against man utd, with miggy on the left and big J right in the middle, allowing willock to run between miggy and Gordon 

3 hours ago, Beth said:

Assuming Wilson is injured and Gordon is striker I'd rather play Ritchie LW and have a midfield three of Longstaff/Willock/Joe. Miley is not ready for the PL yet.

Ritchie can’t run. We’d be down to 10 men from the off. 

4 hours ago, Beth said:

Pope

Hall—Schar—Botman—Livramento

Longstaff—Willock—Joelinton

Almiron—Gordon—Hall