Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 11/11/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I would play a midfield trio of Longstaff and Willock with Miley sat in behind, Then Joelinton and Almiron out wide and Gordon up top, presuming Wilson isn’t 100% fit.

Probably 1 of our only 2 options

Other is hall instead of miley and livra further up again

Edited by jack j

Pope

Tripps     Lascelles     Schar     Livramento

Joelinton     Longstaff   Willock

Almiron                                      Gordon

Wilson

Bench: Dummett, Ritchie, Hall, Krafth, Manquillo, Miley

Edited by Bellars

47 minutes ago, Bellars said:

I think Wilson was intentionally withdrawn vs Dortmund to manage his game time as opposed to injury.

Yeah same, and I definitely won’t want to see Gordon play up front too often, he’s been so good from the left. Especially with our lack of midfielders at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Bellars said:

I think Wilson was intentionally withdrawn vs Dortmund to manage his game time as opposed to injury.

Don't think he would have been withdrawn that early without some kind of injury (even if it was just precaution).

Assumed he would have played until atleast 60-70mins

1 hour ago, alexf said:

Don't think he would have been withdrawn that early without some kind of injury (even if it was just precaution).

Assumed he would have played until atleast 60-70mins

It wasn’t working playing him, as it often won’t away to good sides. Hell of a goalscorer, obviously but he’s a limited footballer. And he’s knackered.

Edited by Ronaldo

4 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

It wasn’t working playing him, as it often won’t away to good sides. Hell of a goalscorer, obviously but he’s a limited footballer. And he’s knackered.

Oh I agree. I just assumed Eddie wouldn't have brought Gordon on that earlier unless enforced. But I guess maybe you are right perhaps he saw it wasn't working tactically aswell. 

Guest reefatoon

Wonder if the Premier league will try and rush through a vote this week to temporarily have teams play with no keeper versus Bournemouth, only for this weekend though.

9 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Performance in this fixture last season was lifting, like.

Yeah, it was that period around the cup final where we had a run of games where our attacking play went to shit, some games with Bruno, some without.

16 hours ago, nufc123 said:

I knew it was bad but thats bad [emoji38]

Its a misleading stat, sure its only about 6 games including two defeats to Liverpool(both with obvious other problems during them) Think we drew the rest

Edit: What SteV said

Edited by Fezzle