Newcastle United 4-1 Chelsea (25/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 27 | Goal-posts: OP

Yorkie

1 hour ago, jack j said:

It was more the fact he ran into the corner/East stand after the goal and give it big licks towards us

Fuck all reason for him to do that? We've never gave him stick up here before that have we? Just looked like am arrogant little fucking cunt

Very nice hearing sterling whats the score ringing out. Especially as he'd chucked the towel in by then and was having an afternoon stroll

Was more the dive for me, he just kneeslided and celebrated normally I thought, can't say I was too arsed about it. 

Enjoyed the grief he was given regardless, looked like it definitely had and effect on him. 

I was in Leeds Christmas market, so wasn’t able to keep up to date with scores and such. Managed to sit in a beer garden and was talking to one of my nieces who is a Leeds fan about football and remembered that we were playing and our game had finished. Saw the score, just hoping we got a point considering our injuries, and saw that we won 4-1 and immediately became happy, for my fiancée to remark that ‘See, there’s that smile he gets when Newcastle win’.

The desire to see the highlights from our match made standing on the aisle of a train that had 2 trains of cancelled people added on to it nearly bearable.

7 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Love how many times under Howe we’ve got ourselves in front and went on to bury the game. Great not biting nails and staring at the clock as it edges towards the full time whistle.

Yep love the change in mentality. Still remember that game at Leicester where we were 4-0 up. They scored two late goals as we dropped deep and Bruce said afterwards ‘only at Newcastle’ could this happen…No, it was because he told the players to hold on.

11 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Love how many times under Howe we’ve got ourselves in front and went on to bury the game. Great not biting nails and staring at the clock as it edges towards the full time whistle.

Well our approach always works best when teams have to to attack us, it’s going to happen plenty times if they have to chase the game. 

Although my Newcastle ptsd won’t ever let me relax :lol:

Another club that have rocked up at SJP and put in their ‘worst performance of the season.’ 

I wonder if the penny will ever drop?!

Weirdly, in amongst all of these demolition jobs and comfortable wins. I’ve felt like in the tight games. We have been a bit naive this season when in front and thrown results away. 

But if the game opens up. We really do put teams to the sword now. 

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Another club that have rocked up at SJP and put in their ‘worst performance of the season.’ 

I wonder if the penny will ever drop?!

Weirdly, in amongst all of these demolition jobs and comfortable wins. I’ve felt like in the tight games. We have been a bit naive this season when in front and thrown results away. 

But if the game opens up. We really do put teams to the sword now. 

I know there was an error but the third goal was just brilliant like - incredible intensity. Get em on the ropes and just keep going, finish em off. Spurs and Brighton last season springing to mind. 

Not for the first time since Howe arrived, I all but missed a goal because I was still updating the OP details for the previous one. :lol:

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I know there was an error but the third goal was just brilliant like - incredible intensity. Get em on the ropes and just keep going, finish em off. Spurs and Brighton last season springing to mind. 

Not for the first time since Howe arrived, I all but missed a goal because I was still updating the OP details for the previous one. :lol:

A bit of blood in the water and we’re in there for the kill. 

The Iron Mike of football teams.

The Liverpool loss still irks me more than it should. Still can’t comprehend how we lost. 

I genuinely can’t remember the last time I felt like that after the game. Don’t even remember being as savage after some of the hidings we got off the mackems. 

17 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I remember us never beating these at home. Always managed to get one over us.

How the tides are changing 

I feel like they were the one “big 6” team that we managed to beat the most T home during the dark Ashley era. 

3 minutes ago, mosstef said:

Think the ref blew the whistle for a freekick on their keeper in the situatio so it wont have counted XG-wise.

Yeah Bruno had a tug on the keeper. Not sure it would've stood and I think the ref was saying that to their players.

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, mosstef said:

Think the ref blew the whistle for a freekick on their keeper in the situatio so it wont have counted XG-wise.

Then it doesn't tell the full story, because I'm sure that goal would've stood? We literally did nothing to their goalkeeper there I think, but I didn't watch it closely.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, Erikse said:

Then it doesn't tell the full story, because I'm sure that goal would've stood? We literally did nothing to their goalkeeper there I think, but I didn't watch it closely.

Yes, sure VAR would have changed the descision to goal had J7 burried it.

Just now, mosstef said:

Yes, sure VAR would have changed the descision to goal had J7 burried it.

I thinknit would have been the other way round. var would have gave a free kick for the pull on the keeper. Cute from Bruno mind to go round his defender to get to the keeper