Newcastle United 4-1 Chelsea (25/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 27 | Goal-posts: OP

Yorkie

11 hours ago, Mattoon said:

This is it for me, there's only 2 teams that truly scare me, obviously anyone can win on the day and there's some tough fixtures out there but Man City is still a dead rubber for me but most annoyingly Liverpool seem to be our kryptonite, even when we play better we seem to lose.

That will change :indi:

Just now, 1964 said:

Probs been mentioned but is Tonali on there?  Or is he in the bog cashing out 

I wonder if hes not allowed to be around the team on matchday as part of his ban. I know Toney couldnt even join Brentfords lap of honour last year. Had to hide in the tunnel. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I wonder if hes not allowed to be around the team on matchday as part of his ban. I know Toney couldnt even join Brentfords lap of honour last year. Had to hide in the tunnel. 

Next thing you know he's banned from being in the stadium, or even from watching football on TV.

Edited by Erikse

10 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

His missus was at the game on Saturday. Can't really see her going without him.

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Was sad seeing Thiago Silva on Saturday mind. Helluva career but that moment by the corner flag ( :lol: ) and the mistake for the goal were something else. He almost shit himself when he saw Joelinton running towards him. 

Who wouldn’t?  Like a Viking berserker unleashed fresh off the boat after being held in a cage down in the hold prodded with sticks and fed on raw offal for 3  weeks [emoji38]

Edited by PauloGeordio

Was it because they didn’t have a monitor set up? Think they were saying they were the only ones without one until halfway through. Can imagine it was hard to pick out from distance even though it was the most blatant Lascelles header ever if you had any sight line to it 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Was it because they didn’t have a monitor set up? Think they were saying they were the only ones without one until halfway through. Can imagine it was hard to pick out from distance even though it was the most blatant Lascelles header ever if you had any sight line to it 

They knew it definitely wasn’t Big Jow! [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Ah, I wondered why they seemed to be struggling with seeing stuff clearly!

Also thought that Sanchez had saved Trippier’s free kick.

Getting a bit frustrated with the Chelsea narrative that it was their worst game of the season.

Feels like every team have their worst game against us at SJP. Funny coincidence that. Almost as if our style of play causes it

Edited by joeyt

38 minutes ago, SteV said:

Ah, I wondered why they seemed to be struggling with seeing stuff clearly!

Also thought that Sanchez had saved Trippier’s free kick.

Called Enzo's shot wide and all.  Didn't mention Pope saving it until Ando did.  

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah, the more naive that teams are the better. It's going to be harder when the better teams clock on that they can't play their usual game at SJP. 

Yeah, it’s amazing how false narratives can affect things. Like the Arsenal game, they just assumed we were the same Uber-shithouses we were last season, when that’s not really been us this season.

The game went the way it did as they felt the need to play that way when they probably didn’t. 

Let folk think we are Atletico Tyneside and we will rip them to shreds.

Edited by GeordieDazzler

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Yeah, it’s amazing how false narratives can affect things. Like the Arsenal game, they just assumed we were the same Uber-shithouses we were last season, when that’s not really been us this season.

The game went the way it did as they felt the need to play that way when they probably didn’t. 

Let folk think we are Atletico Tyneside and we will rip them to shreds.

PSG playing 4-2-4 after we kept 4 clean sheets in 5 games or something like that. As if they expected us to be a park the bus team.

5 minutes ago, Erikse said:

PSG playing 4-2-4 after we kept 4 clean sheets in 5 games or something like that. As if they expected us to be a park the bus team.

Weird thing with that game was Enrique gave a fairly accurate assessment on how we play in the pre game presser :lol: