Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

What a pisser.

Though I appreciate the players two-fold because I'm more gutted for them than myself.

Yeah on balance of play etc etc. but on balance of play there's never a famous win like that is there? The swotty little nerd cunt Liew can choke on whilst playing football masters.

Edited by Jonas

24 minutes ago, Billy Warthog said:

I had a feeling before the game that we might get hammered tbf. And they should have stuck a fair few chances away but for Pope / bit of luck here and there.

A draw is a good result, but less so in the context of what happened in that 8 mins of gifted PSG time. 

But surely we can hold our heads high tonight man! Remember when we were basically written off after the group draw? Dortmund aside, we've surprised a few. 

And if it ends in the Europa League, I'll still be excited for that too. This season is still alive and burning brightly. Get our injured players back and see how we roll from there. 

Well done NUFC, we sail on into uncharted waters! 

I've rarely been prouder of an NUFC team. Maybe Derby away when we were down to 8.

Gutted we drew. I'd have felt better if they'd equalised with 20 to go and we held on.

Was really coming to terms with the idea of win against Milan taking us through and a draw being Europa at least and maybe more.

Like a nice bit safety net.

Instead its gonna be brutal again but on multiple fronts.

Fascinating how fucked in the head so many Arsenal fans are. They’ve convinced themselves they’ve been absolutely robbed by a decision that independent observers unanimously agree was either correct or inconclusive meaning that it should stand 

1 minute ago, pubteam said:

The entire sky sports panel were also kicking off over how bad the decision was, only people that don't agree are the ref and arsenal fans.

More fool them, (Arsenal fans) tbh.

People with a brain know how bad tonight’s decision was.

Just now, CPL said:

Asked before but couldn't find the answer. Will a score draw keep us above Milan?

Yes

Head to head record first then goal difference.

Ours is superior

Ive just Found that out in the champions league thread

Edited by jack j

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Yes

Head to head record first then goal difference.

Ours is superior

Ive just Found that out in the champions league thread

So they definitely need to come at us. Goals galore maybe?

Never been this proud from any of our displays during my time (late 2008) as a supporter. 

Obviously sad that we didnt get the win, but Id actually been more gutted if the goal came through a clusterfuck bundle of 50-50s like the Füllkrug goal we conceded against Dortmund. The entire sports world are on our side (besides the mackems + the tard quota of the Arsenal fanbase). 

Also, our injury crisis. Lascelles showing off. Fielding a 17 year old midfielder with like 200 minutes of top-tier football in his legs away to PSG. Feels like some tacky American sports drama like Friday Night Lights that you wouldnt believe. 

Great effort from the lads tonight. Couldn’t have asked anymore given the current injury list.

On VAR - they really need to have the refs mics linked to the PA system like in rugby. The refs there have to talk the decision through with the off-field team and come to a joint decision. In football, it seems like the ref is just being told he’s wrong and needs to reverse the decision. It’s too much pressure on the guy in the middle especially with the players and crowd influencing the outcome.