Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 2/12/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Expected:

Onana

Wan Bissaka

Maguire

Lindelof

Shaw

Mainoo

McTominay

Garnacho

Fernandes

Rashford

Hojlund

What we're hoping for:

De Gea

Wan Bissaka

Maguire

Varane

Shaw

Mainoo

McTominay

Garnacho

Fernandes

Antony

Hojlund

McTominay’s had a great season so far. Apart from the goals, has he done enough in other areas to potentially hold down a place longer term? Garnacho has made the position his own as well surely. Things look slightly better for you boys at the moment 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

McTominay’s had a great season so far. Apart from the goals, has he done enough in other areas to potentially hold down a place longer term? Garnacho has made the position his own as well surely. Things look slightly better for you boys at the moment 

I would say he deserves to start aye but Casemiro is still miles better than him. The starting midfield will be Mainoo and McTominay though until mid-January at the earliest.

Garnacho's issue is that he plays the same position as Rashford. Garnacho is better, but EtH just refuses to drop Rashford.

Same 11 again for us whereas they can rotate. 

So important we don't pick up any more injuries given the lack of options on the bench. 

Hope the players can summon up the energy to really get at them but fear it could be a tired performance and frustrating draw.

Edited by Ginola14

10 minutes ago, alexf said:

You scored 3 goals with 3 shots on goal or something against Everton. 

You win games despite not playing well according to most. 

We are incredibly wasteful. Not necessarily with shots on goal, but from very promising positions if it's not Bruno Fernandes on the ball the decisions made are almost always the wrong one.

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

We are incredibly wasteful. Not necessarily with shots on goal, but from very promising positions if it's not Bruno Fernandes on the ball the decisions made are almost always the wrong one.

You'd rather Anthony than Rashford?

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

You're 11th in terms of xP, which is based on xG for each game. So what I'm reading from this is that you've been wasteful in some games that you've ended up winning anyways, and sometimes the opponent has been wasteful when you've won by 1 goal (Wolves for example)?

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Hell Pope’s kicks should be aimed at Banana! 

Are you aware how that nickname for Onana looks? I did a double take. Not trying to be internet police but…

1 minute ago, AJ9 said:

Are you aware how that nickname for Onana looks? I did a double take. Not trying to be internet police but…

I’d not even considered that until you pointed it out! That was not how I meant it I can assure you. It was more Banana skin slippery fingers and it rhymes is all 👍🏻

22 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Rashford has been comically shit this year to be fair. 

Oh man! Did you have to trigger Sod’s Law? On my reading,  he’s got 4 goals and 5 assists against us in 10 League games. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

You're 11th in terms of xP, which is based on xG for each game. So what I'm reading from this is that you've been wasteful in some games that you've ended up winning anyways, and sometimes the opponent has been wasteful when you've won by 1 goal (Wolves for example)?

I mean look at the first half against Everton. They had two shots, one of which resulted in one of the greatest goals in the history of the league. xG of 0.09. Everton had 10 shots, four on target, 2 "big chances," and an xG of 1.43. 

They were thoroughly outplayed and on just about any other day probably would have trailed at halftime. I want to call it luck but Froggy will argue there's a skill in winning matches and I won't fully argue that. But their method of earning points this season is entirely unsustainable and it's driving me crazy. I hope we smash them this weekend.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

I mean look at the first half against Everton. They had two shots, one of which resulted in one of the greatest goals in the history of the league. xG of 0.09. Everton had 10 shots, four on target, 2 "big chances," and an xG of 1.43. 

They were thoroughly outplayed and on just about any other day probably would have trailed at halftime. I want to call it luck but Froggy will argue there's a skill in winning matches and I won't fully argue that. But their method of earning points this season is entirely unsustainable and it's driving me crazy. I hope we smash them this weekend.

3 goals from an xG of 0.09 is crazy.[emoji38]

18 minutes ago, Erikse said:

3 goals from an xG of 0.09 is crazy.[emoji38]

That was just the first half - the second half alone they had an xG of 2.12 (though 0.79 of that was the penalty).

But Everton's second half xG was 1.04. It was 2.47 for the whole game. Ridiculous that they didn't score.

3 hours ago, TRC said:

Jeez, is Anthony underated or Rashford just that bad?

Antony is average. Rashford is slightly above average but playing at his absolute worst.

Antony will run all day though and try his best to track back, whereas Rashford is stroppy and lazy. Against Newcastle, Antony is the better option. Rashford should come on for Garnacho against tired legs late on.

He will start Rashford though.