Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 2/12/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, Keegans Export said:

The only argument I've seen against this is that they both play on Saturday. 

That's unfortunate.

Play it tomorrow. 

I don’t think they have a choice, the only free week before the group stage ends is this week.

Probably not an option but could our game with them realistically be the one that is postponed ? Sure it happened with City Arsenal last season.

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Going to be a bear pit on Saturday night under the lights, like. The sense of injustice from yesterday, the occasion...early goal for us and its going to be fucking mental. 

An injustice, next game at home vs Man U?

Garnacho wondergoal then?

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Surely we'll have to rotate where we can for this one? Doesn't look like anyone's coming back but I'd happily see Krafth thrown in for Lascelles or Trippier for instance. Hall for Gordon maybe; AG is starting to look dead on his feet and, for me, was the one most visibly struggling to keep up with their pace and movement. He probably got away with a pen that would never have materialised as an incident had he kept up with his runner in the first place. Not slagging him, he understandably needs a rest. 

I'd go unchanged for as long as possible tbh if they can go for 60 minutes. Rotate a bit at Everton if we really need to then back to the current XI at Spurs. I think they were just so knackered last night because they were at us for a lot of the second-half. At home and against a lesser side I reckon we could manage the game similar to Chelsea. 

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'd go unchanged for as long as possible tbh if they can go for 60 minutes. Rotate a bit at Everton if we really need to then back to the current XI at Spurs. I think they were just so knackered last night because they were at us for a lot of the second-half. At home and against a lesser side I reckon we could manage the game similar to Chelsea. 

Crowd will/should help too :indi:

6 hours ago, Wilson said:

Late Saturday night kick off under the lights, carrying a sense of injustice in with us from last night, hope it's fucking rocking. 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Going to be a bear pit on Saturday night under the lights, like. The sense of injustice from yesterday, the occasion...early goal for us and its going to be fucking mental. 

Glad you can confirm my exact hopes for the evening. 

18 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Them being in Istanbul for a huge game for their CL hopes tomorrow will be just as big a factor iyam.

I am assuaged by that a bit.

Their not having an injury crisis or the spirit to put enough effort in against Galatasaray balances it out.

We'd bray them now with even close to a full squad available.