FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

Remember back to the 5-1. Mackems so confident they’d walk all over us as the established PL team. 
95 times out of 100 we’ll beat them if it wasn’t a derby, but as soon as you add passion the playing field levels up a bit. Potential season ruining banana skin for me this one. 

I think this game will be Eddie Howe's opportunity to fill the team with Geordies and young up and coming players, along with a few well seasoned and fresh quality players who are injury recovered who will be well up for it and well capable of doing a job..

Eddie Howe's not silly and he knows what it means to Newcastle fans and the entire city.

He also knows he can use the game to rest key players who may end up on the end of a few well aimed kicks from over zealous Sunderland players, likely wanting a scalp.

I personally think we will absolutely bulldoze them.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with, with banners and chants and whatnot.

Edited by magvicar

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

Was it one of them sent Coloccini off against them?

Disgraceful that was. 

Aye but I cant remember which one. One of them quit refereeing for a few years after he was allegedly caught performing a sex act on a dog but he's back now. We never get anything off either of them whereas they do seem to favour the mackems in their games. It's just something I've noticed and it does make me wonder.

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

Aye but I cant remember which one. One of them quit refereeing for a few years after he was allegedly caught performing a sex act on a dog but he's back now. We never get anything off either of them whereas they do seem to favour the mackems in their games. It's just something I've noticed and it does make me wonder.

I remember one of them reffed our game at Brighton in the Championship, they’re both Huddersfield fans, and they gave Brighton a questionable pen.

Rats. 

10 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I remember one of them reffed our game at Brighton in the Championship, they’re both Huddersfield fans, and they gave Brighton a questionable pen.

Rats. 

Yeah I looked them up once as I was getting very suspicious of them and I think they were said to be from West Yorkshire and supposedly Huddersfield Town fans but they've both certainly got a dislike for us and a fondness for the mackems.

20 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

download(1).jpeg.93a063c188c306555183f535e38a17d0.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Rats. 

Both the Colo sending off and the Brighton pen were Bobby Madley. He's dreadful and I could never understand why he made it to the Premier League before his brother Andy. Andy is Ok in my opinion. No better or worse than the average ref.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

You know this isn't true, don't you?

Really happy with this draw, we've waited a long time to put them in their place following the Pardew era of shame. Obviously would have preferred it to be at our place, the atmosphere will be seething down there. Especially when they get hammered in front of their own fans.

2 hours ago, magvicar said:

I think this game will be Eddie Howe's opportunity to fill the team with Geordies and young up and coming players, along with a few well seasoned and fresh quality players who are injury recovered who will be well up for it and well capable of doing a job..

Eddie Howe's not silly and he knows what it means to Newcastle fans and the entire city.

He also knows he can use the game to rest key players who may end up on the end of a few well aimed kicks from over zealous Sunderland players, likely wanting a scalp.

I personally think we will absolutely bulldoze them.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with, with banners and chants and whatnot.

Isn't the game to rest players.

10 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Isn't the game to rest players.

:thup: or try out any Geordie Nation dreams

Just play the best team available even if none of them are from within 100 miles of Tyneside for me, like