FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

16 minutes ago, jack j said:

That thread on RTG gets better by the hour

Talk of them boycotting it. Also want  Send the owner his 10k for the display back

It’s wild. Nothing actually happened or being reported, but still further pages and pages of angry ranting accusing all and sundry of being a ‘Mag’.

God help them when the announcement does actually come.

8 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

They think so little of their owner they've accused him of taking Saudi bribes.🤣

I just love the fact that the soppy cunts think that the KSA govt gives a solitary shite about away allocations in the FA Cup.  Their sense of their own importance is incredible. 

7 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Anything 5k and above is going to have them in the worst meltdown ever. A nuclear meltdown is on the cards here.

Even more so if it's the whole end. Someone must be tipping off the local media, for them to come out with this. Of course according to some on the forum, it's just because the media are reading their forum.

Edited by et tu brute

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Even more so if it's the whole end. Someone must be tipping off the local media, for them to come out with this. Of course according to some on there forum, it's just because the media are reading their forum.

*Magedia

9 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

He's getting rather angry [emoji38]

This is being posted when all I’ve read on there is how they take the piss every derby out of us and we haven’t got it in us to cause bother. Proper knuckle dragging bastards on that forum. :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

This is being posted when all I’ve read on there is how they take the piss every derby out of us and we haven’t got it in us to cause bother. Proper knuckle dragging bastards on that forum. :lol: 

It's genuinely an odd experience reading that forum, no other forum or online community sounds or acts the way they do :lol:

21 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Yep. Yet they make no mention of being run all over Roker after the "over the wall" derby in '92.

Honestly couldn’t give a fuck what happens in this game in terms of Howe and what that means for how he’s viewed. Any fan turning on Howe if we were to lose this match would be an imbecile. This is the biggest match of their last decade and we’ve been playing with a broken team for weeks and weeks. Also, while I’d love for us to put together an FA cup run. At this point, I’d prefer us to beat Chelsea in the Carabao cup quarters over Sunderland in the third round

7 minutes ago, magorific said:

Yep. Yet they make no mention of being run all over Roker after the "over the wall" derby in '92.

I was there that day as a 14 year old and it was an eye opener. A totally surreal experience. They weren't confident of selling out even though Roker Park only held 29,000 at the time so as well as giving us the entire Roker End which held around 6,500 they also gave us half the Clockstand Paddocks which took our allocation past the 8,000 mark.

Outside was carnage. Sunderland fans being chased everywhere. It genuinely felt like a home game for us, it was totally bizarre. There was me outside Roker Park in my Umbro NUFC top and I felt 6ft tall and as safe as houses. Remember a Newcastle fan running onto the pitch just before Kick off with a stray ball from the pre match warm up and dribbling the length of the pitch with it before smashing it into the Fulwell End goal and gesturing to the mackems stood behind it. Other NUFC fans were scaling the floodlight pylons!   We scored first and pockets of NUFC fans were celebrating all over the ground. O'Brien scored the infamous winner and again pockest of NUFC fans celebrating all over the ground. It was brilliant! We came out after the match and walked back to the car and didn't see a single Sunderland fan throughout the 20 minute or so walk.

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

Honestly couldn’t give a fuck what happens in this game in terms of Howe and what that means for how he’s viewed. Any fan turning on Howe if we were to lose this match would be an imbecile. This is the biggest match of their last decade and we’ve been playing with a broken team for weeks and weeks. Also, while I’d love for us to put together an FA cup run. At this point, I’d prefer us to beat Chelsea in the Carabao cup quarters over Sunderland in the third round

I wouldn’t, tbh, if offered that Faustian pact.  A cup run including beating the Mackems would be sumptuous 

17 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Screenshot_20231212-065421.thumb.png.1370257738e97eff350591d0b110df6f.png

still 1985 on wearyside

Getting proper ‘my Dad could beat up your Dad’ vibes off that post about lads that can handle themselves :lol: 

The Halfway House and Fans Museum :lol: sounds like locations on a Fallout map. Quite apt for that place, really. 

Edited by Lush Vlad