FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

Massive in terms of the potential to inject confidence in the team again, massive for many fans, not massive in terms of a standalone game. I’m less worried about the result and more worried about people’s reactions to it if we lose in all honesty 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Massive in terms of the potential to inject confidence in the team again, massive for many fans, not massive in terms of a standalone game. I’m less worried about the result and more worried about people’s reactions to it if we lose in all honesty 

Same. Derbies of years gone by were more a relegation battle, this isn’t. If we get beat yep it’ll be embarrassing but so what? We’re on an upward trajectory and in a few years we’ll be levels above. It’s not as if we’re going to lose to them forever. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’ll get absolutely rinsed by my mates at work 

Yep. And that’s it. That’s all it boils down to. Getting the mickey taking out of you. Not such a big deal when you really grind it down. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Yep. And that’s it. That’s all it boils down to. Getting the mickey taking out of you. Not such a big deal when you really grind it down. 

Yeah when I say it’s a massive game I’m saying it as in it’s massive for fans. I’m not implying it’s massive for Howe and his future here.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah when I say it’s a massive game I’m saying it as in it’s massive for fans. I’m not implying it’s massive for Howe and his future here.

Listen I’m trying to calm you down don’t throw it back in my face mate I’m the one who’s trying to help

7 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Nicknames are... bad.... names. They can be very hurtful. Not to me, it's like water off a duck's back.

Just now, Karjala said:

Got a feeling that despite myself and many others having had enough of Miggy, it's just the sort of match he'll end up becoming a toon legend in. 

You reckon? I’ve got visions of him ballooning a great chance over the bar from close range and then walking away with that daft grin on his face. [emoji38]

43 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Just realized this is on at 5:45am here. :anguish: 

:lol: Got the 24 hr notice at 7:45am. Fuck right off with that.

Just now, Nucasol said:

Bright and early Mickey love, up and at ‘em.

:lol: I work in half an hour and then bed after that. The match is pretty much on now ffs.

28 minutes ago, SteV said:

Ironically not far off the time we have to get up to attend the match….

Literally got my alarm set for 6. I've got the dog to take out before I get ready. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: I work in half an hour and then bed after that. The match is pretty much on now ffs.

stanley kubrick so youre keen on musicccc GIF by Maudit

Couple of drops of Optrex and you’ll be Reet.

Genuinely not one bit worried about this, I'm really looking forward to it. The pressure is on them, in front of their own crowd. Our lads know if they just play their game they will win. I reckon an early goal for us to crank up the pressure on them further and we go on to win about 5 or 6 nil. If they can't handle the pressure they're going to get absolutely battered. 

5 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Nicknames are... bad.... names. They can be very hurtful. Not to me, it's like water off a duck's arse. (Copyright Joe Feckin Kinnear).

4 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Does have the potential to go very toxic very quickly for them like. 

They've sold out to watch the toon

To sit and bew

Sunlun's a massive club 

19 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Same. Derbies of years gone by were more a relegation battle, this isn’t. If we get beat yep it’ll be embarrassing but so what? We’re on an upward trajectory and in a few years we’ll be levels above. It’s not as if we’re going to lose to them forever. 

Think you will need to change your  name to MrRaspberryJamTomorrow

Losing an FA Cup would hurt a lot more than a bog standard league defeat.  We haven’t played these in the cup for nearly 70 years - it isn’t a ten-a-penny fixture.  We’re levels above right now - there is zero excuse not to go there and beat the cunts.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Think you will need to change your  name to MrRaspberryJamTomorrow

Losing an FA Cup would hurt a lot more than a bog standard league defeat.  We haven’t played these in the cup for nearly 70 years - it isn’t a ten-a-penny fixture.  We’re levels above right now - there is zero excuse not to go there and beat the cunts.

Totally agree. But if we do lose tomorrow I won’t be going to bed thinking about how we’ve not beaten them for 70 years in the cup. Just be another one to take on the chin and move on for me.