FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

1 minute ago, Dyeyzzon said:

Love how we have enough local lads to put on these now when the last derbies were fronted by the likes of Sissoko who couldn't care less [emoji38]

We could add Hall as a player who’d you think will 100% get it.  And if Murphy and Anderson were fit, them too :) 

Got a feeling we will murder these today. Think we will be at them from first minute. Dreaming of a spurs style demolition in first 20 minutes.

I also think our recent bad form will be a motivator for us.

Disconcertingly relaxed here. Not out of confidence. Think the fact it’s a cup game makes it feel a bit less important, particularly after the relegation six pointer league games.

Particularly for this season being an FA Cup match increases the importance. We need to win a trophy in my lifetime and this squad is capable of achieving that this year. It's a must get through tie with its importance heightened by our opponents.

Finish work at ten then it’s home and enjoy some build up. Crack a beer open at about 12. Enjoy the day folks because we’re going to hammer these!

9 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Won't be watching this from Italy.

Could probably VPN it but feel it's better emotionally to try and distract myself, it's the first time I've ever been with my fiancé on her birthday. Determined not to ruin it for her.

Primitivo and Chianti, lots of Primitivo ok and Chianti. And avoid one-legged News Vendors. 

9 hours ago, cubaricho said:

A couple thoughts:

- That kid at the beginning, loving it. :lol: 

- Shola the Mackem killer. 
- That second goal would be ruled out today because of VAR. 

- Remember crosses? :lol: 

- Steve Bruce the useless fuck. 
- And this fucking dude:

IMG_6220.thumb.jpeg.50d82ada09528e39a3d3d154afa533c8.jpeg

Loved Hughton, man. 

Not to turn this into a VAR discussion, but watching that one of my first thoughts was how much better enjoying those goals was without any VAR doubt. Ridiculous day, felt like I couldn't believe what was happening. It being in the context of being newly promoted made it extra enjoyable too.

1 hour ago, pedro111 said:

Tossed and turned all night. Woke up ready to shit me pants. I'm 41 for fucks sake. Fuck this match. I hate derby day.

I could have wrote this word for word this morning

*except I’m just 40

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Got 10 of the family around for this. 

Beer fridge full

Half time nibbles ☑️

85" telly

Dog muzzled ☑️

Wife af work

What can go wrong.... 

Protective screen for the telly?  (…just in case :doh:)

Guest reefatoon

After all those years under Ashley of just feeling dead inside, these massive nerves feel absolutely glorious. Come ooonnnnnnnnnnnnnn

This should be a comfortable win for us, they are a decent Championship side at best and we have better players than them in every position on the pitch.

Unlike a usual cup tie against a lower league team, this isn’t one where only one side should be treating it as a cup final and motivated to shine.

If Howe can’t motivate the players today to come away with the win then any stores credit in the bank for him will be gone.

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

This should be a comfortable win for us, they are a decent Championship side at best and we have better players than them in every position on the pitch.

Unlike a usual cup tie against a lower league team, this isn’t one where only one side should be treating it as a cup final and motivated to shine.

If Howe can’t motivate the players today to come away with the win then any stores credit in the bank for him will be gone.

Why turn it about Howe at the end man. Just enjoy it all. Christ, utter misery. Will be looking forward to not hearing from you when we win :thup:

Edited by reefatoon

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Hold your nerve, chaps. He is a very good leader.