FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

3 hours ago, Izakaya said:

Anyone saying they're not arsed if we get beat in the grand scheme of things is mental. 

We absolutely have to beat the mackems at any opportunity. 

If they win we’ll literally never hear the end of it. If we win or even if we give them a pasting they’ll play the “well we were never going to win this” but they’ll definitely go quiet and their bollocks will be put on the back burner for a while. Lose and it’ll be constant crowing.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

8 hours ago, gbandit said:

Honestly couldn’t give a fuck what happens in this game in terms of Howe and what that means for how he’s viewed. Any fan turning on Howe if we were to lose this match would be an imbecile. This is the biggest match of their last decade and we’ve been playing with a broken team for weeks and weeks. Also, while I’d love for us to put together an FA cup run. At this point, I’d prefer us to beat Chelsea in the Carabao cup quarters over Sunderland in the third round

Where I'm @

4 hours ago, Izakaya said:

Anyone saying they're not arsed if we get beat in the grand scheme of things is mental. 

We absolutely have to beat the mackems at any opportunity. 

I’m certainly arsed. But I’ve seen 1-2 saying it will be our biggest game of the season? Give over. 

The CL games are already more important. Tomorrow night will be. Beat Chelsea in the cup and we’re into the semis. That game and the potential two semi finals are bigger. I think/hope we will have games later on this season that could mean getting into a European spot. 

It is a massive game for fans of both clubs, of course. But have a bit of perspective. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

On 10/12/2023 at 17:18, Miggys First Goal said:

Absolutely fucking dreading this game now. 

Howay man don’t be a:

IMG_7630.thumb.jpeg.76e7ffb95b76b5949622c1399f0b81f3.jpegJust because we can lose games and, unsurprisingly everything taken into account, have lost two out of the last five, doesn’t mean we’re going to defy the odds and lose to a mid-table second division side. 
The tension created by the fact we could, however low probability, just adds to the release of joy when we don’t.

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

7 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I’m certainly arsed. But I’ve seen 1-2 saying it will be our biggest game of the season? Give over. 

The CL games are already more important. Tomorrow night will be. Beat Chelsea in the cup and we’re into the semis. That game and the potential two semi finals are bigger. I think/hope we will have games later on this season that could mean getting into a European spot. 

It is a massive game for fans of both clubs, of course. But have a bit of perspective. 

I can see the argument losing any of our CL games wouldn't have been a big deal as didn't have an expectation to win. Dortmund losses we've forgotten about and moved on from, the defeats didn't hurt that much really. 

34 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

I can see the argument losing any of our CL games wouldn't have been a big deal as didn't have an expectation to win. Dortmund losses we've forgotten about and moved on from, the defeats didn't hurt that much really. 

If we lose this and we go on to have a good season. Then it’s no different, to me. 

This is coming from someone’s who’s in-laws are all mackems :lol:  

I’ll be fucked off if we lose and it would be a disappointment, for sure. But fuck me. Bigger picture and all that. 

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

If we lose this and we go on to have a good season. Then it’s no different, to me. 

I’ll be fucked off if we lose and it would be a disappointment, for sure. But fuck me. Bigger picture and all that. 

Surley you could say that about any defeat then? I'd say there would be more negative reaction from this defeat than any other? 

8 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Surley you could say that about any defeat then? I'd say there would be more negative reaction from this defeat than any other? 

Well yeah, of course. But I think people are collectively losing their shit over the prospect of defeat in one game. When we’ve already had bigger games and more disappointing results this season. We will between this game and the end of the season, as well. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Well yeah, of course. But I think people are collectively losing their shit over the prospect of defeat in one game. When we’ve already had bigger games and more disappointing results this season. We will between this game and the end of the season, as well. 

That's what those results are though a bit disappointing, lose tomorrow night people will be disappointed. Lose against Sunderland people will be pissed off, that's the difference. 

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Mackem!

If that's the case it will be interesting to see if they behave themselves and refrain from throwing shit down to the tier below.

Obviously something they have been unable to do in the past, but they seem to have forgotten that when they cry about other fans doing the same.

Edited by Sima

32 minutes ago, huss9 said:

starting to get a bit twitchy about this game now.

no way we'll go full strength.

With a few players back we may not know what full strength is. Just being able to put out a strong side most games and a bench to match.