FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

Yep. Just seems too flat storywise for us to just win comfortably, especially at this point, and as such I cant see it.

Shame cos anything short of that isn't worth the risk.

£700 richer if we lose to these. Decent safety bet, still won't cover the pain, again. Big fuck off lego millennium falcon will be mine though. Every brick built with tears.?

24 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Jack Clarke worries me. I would also try to sign him. He’s carried them a lot this season 

Can any of their players pass through a wide open midfield?

Enough from tonight, in terms of some individual performances and a general lingering sense of injustice (e.g. Liverpool breaking away and scoring when we should have had a pela and their second dubious penalty) to put extra fire in the teams’ belly and make me look forward to this next match. HTL :indi:

48 minutes ago, Dokko said:

£700 richer if we lose to these. Decent safety bet, still won't cover the pain, again. Big fuck off lego millennium falcon will be mine though. Every brick built with tears.?

Christ, how much did you put on for that, and did you do 'to qualify' or just the Sunderland win? If the latter, you'd be even more gutted if we drew there, brought them back here, and then did a Birmingham like in 2006 or 2007.

2 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

How the fuck is this not on a Sunday after a Monday game?

Eh, it's a perfectly fine turnaround, and Sunderland also played today, as did every other Championship club, and no doubt most of those will have FA Cup games on Saturday as well. Just a few weeks ago Spurs were the MNF and then had a Friday night match on Sky the same week.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

I've got 50 on at 9/2 just after the draw was made

They're 3/1 now

2 hours ago, Paullow said:

Eh, it's a perfectly fine turnaround, and Sunderland also played today, as did every other Championship club, and no doubt most of those will have FA Cup games on Saturday as well. Just a few weeks ago Spurs were the MNF and then had a Friday night match on Sky the same week.

Would never happen in the NFL :huff:

2 hours ago, Miercoles said:

Would never happen in the NFL :huff:

It would be 3pm on Saturday - as would all other FA Cup Third Round matches - via legislation if somehow I become Prime Minister

All other KO times - other than replays - are unacceptable for an FA Cup tie.

My concern now going into this game is how out of form we are, how badly we give the ball away at times and how easy we are to play through. The likes of Bruno, Isak and Gordon should mean we put them away still but I’m definitely miles

more nervous than several weeks back. Just so many players out of form or burned out.

Big performance needed from Howe and the lads otherwise the season could take a really horrific turn downwards. 

9 hours ago, NUFCDoog said:

If we were playing any of the other top 6 in the Championship based on current form we'd all be saying it's got defeat written all over it.

I know because it's these some don't want to admit it, but we're shit, the players are absolutely knackered, half of them are out injured, we're on the worse run of form since the Bruce days, and we're playing against a team that are 6th in the Championship, have beaten Leeds and West Brom at home in recent weeks and all all round doing pretty well.

Fucking dreading it.

If we were playing one of the top 4, definitely. Sunderland are in a batch of about 8-9 clubs who could finish anywhere between 6th and 14th.

26 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we were playing one of the top 4, definitely. Sunderland are in a batch of about 8-9 clubs who could finish anywhere between 6th and 14th.

That's the thing , the top 4 are miles better than the rest of that league and even they would all still be bottom 6 in the premier, even as bad as we are at the minute we are still levels above the mackems . 

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

I know it’s a different kettle of fish but would any other premier league side be fearing these lot like we are currently?

I’d be fearing a league one team away from home at the minute never mind this lot.

Absolutely dreading this now. Of all the times to play them. I never understood people thinking this was a good draw. If we lose we will never hear the end of it.

8 hours ago, Paullow said:

Christ, how much did you put on for that, and did you do 'to qualify' or just the Sunderland win? If the latter, you'd be even more gutted if we drew there, brought them back here, and then did a Birmingham like in 2006 or 2007.

Fiver bet on Chelsea game when we're were 0-1. Then put the winning on this...

I decided to put my money where my mouth is after being told on here so many times this run wasn't a test and nothing to worry about. Couldn't get Liverpool game or I'd have had that as well, just wasn't an option at the time.

IMG_2350.jpeg

IMG_2351.png

Edited by Dokko

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think it's about as obvious as it gets that we'll lose this tbh. 

Why do you think that? It's one thing being outclassed by better players, I don't think there's any excuse for losing to worse ones.