Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester United (02/12/23) | Reaction: Pg. 34 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

Only just sobering up from last night now but deary me, what an absolute shambling shower of shite Man United are. The team gutless, the manager neckless and the tactics clueless. 1-0 flattered them so heavily.

Thought Fernandes was actually very good for the first 20/25 mins. Looked like the ‘most creative player in the league’.

However, as we started to the screw and get on top, he reverted to type in big games away from home, creativity substituted for whinging, and toys going out the pram (he had a point about the one where Schar took him out on the halfway line to stop the break, certain yellow, but regardless, get on with it).

For a supposed captain/leader, his body language is an absolute disgrace. For all Maguire’s faults, he’s a million times better captain, so what purpose stripping him of the captaincy in favour of what they have now, I have no idea. Suppose he wasn’t planning on playing him and wanted to shift him on, but there must have been better candidates than this idiot.

If Schar waltzing through the Man U team all game wasn't a clear sign for ten Hag that something needs to change than I'm not sure what will be. They have no midfield, it was like PSG when they had 4 up top that expected the defenders to defend and hoof the ball foward to them. 

12 hours ago, Smal said:

image.thumb.png.d82c97c0c0bb8b2301d6f0c673f43b02.png

Man Reds’ pass map is so funny, man. They have absolutely no structure about them at all. Ten Hag is fucking useless.

There's something incredibly satisfying about how ours looks there

3 minutes ago, OCK said:

If Schar waltzing through the Man U team all game wasn't a clear sign for ten Hag that something needs to change than I'm not sure what will be. They have no midfield, it was like PSG when they had 4 up top that expected the defenders to defend and hoof the ball foward to them. 

If you thought that was bad you should have seen the Wolves game. :lol:

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

Thought Fernandes was actually very good for the first 20/25 mins. Looked like the ‘most creative player in the league’.

However, as we started to the screw and get on top, he reverted to type in big games away from home, creativity substituted for whinging, and toys going out the pram (he had a point about the one where Schar took him out on the halfway line to stop the break, certain yellow, but regardless, get on with it).

For a supposed captain/leader, his body language is an absolute disgrace. For all Maguire’s faults, he’s a million times better captain, so what purpose stripping him of the captaincy in favour of what they have now, I have no idea. Suppose he wasn’t planning on playing him and wanted to shift him on, but there must have been better candidates than this idiot.

Agree with this, he shold not be captain for that trait alone. Throwing in the towel and whinging when it doesn't go your way is the last message to be sending to your teammates in any game let alone one where you need to pull together and up the energy.

34 minutes ago, Rich said:

I've just watched the game back. All this faint praise for Slabheed and he was fucking shite. Suppose it's a low bar if we're comparing him with the rest of their dossers, like.

He should have been booked long, long before that tackle on Gordon. Then there was that attacking header from the corner and his hefty body getting Antony's goal ruled out. :lol:

Checked the stats to make sure I wasn't just being daft. He committed five fouls, only won 6/17 duels, and only completed 64% of his passes. 1/9 long balls hit their mark. :lol:

All-in-all they were comfortably the worst team I've seen up here this season. The longer ten Hag stays there, the better.

I thought he was shite too, thought I must have missed some stuff but on several occasions in the game I shouted at him that he was absolutely shit 

28 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Why is ours only up until minute 62 and not minutes 92-98 when we dominated the game? 

Because after that, some of the players who are literally named and numbered on the charts were no longer on the pitch.

You want their positions tracked for 30 minutes whilst they're sitting stationary on the bench? Though you could argue for Rashford it wouldn't have changed it much...

Edited by Chris_R

4 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

First thought when I saw Rashford was going off was "Wait, Rashford was playing?"

I had no idea they had a kid called Mainoo playing until well into the second half :lol:

Out of interest @Froggy, what are the Man United's fans of Ten Haag now? Feels like he's starting to feel the heat, whereas a month ago everyone was still very much behind him. 

Feels like he's made some baffling decisions, Rashford continually starting, Martial being played in place of Hoijland. Varane just being ostracized, and a lack of any real fluidity in the way you play, think people are rightfully starting to turn on him.

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

"With this squad? No better than 4th-7th."

Ah yes, it's not like people said that our squad was of Championship level until Howe came in and proved them all so wrong.

"He's an okay manager, but lets not pretend that all this "improvement" isn't off the back of spending £400m quid. People in the media are acting surprised that Livramento is a good player: he wasn't free."

Well, Man United keep spending £80 mill on shite players, so there's that.[emoji38] There's one guy who was actually being smart over there:

I prefer a loser like Howe who got Bournemouth to the premier league from league four and made Newcastle play attractive football with the likes of Joelinton and lacselles than serial winner like Ten Hag who spent 400m on overrated former players he managed. Our fans keep turn their noses up on promising and young managers like Howe and players like Gordon and when we play like **** they are blaming the “structure”

Edited by Erikse

Ah, I forgot the good old "ugly football" narrative. Sometimes they call our playstyle "Simeone football". Yeah, we've scored 32 and they've scored 16. Literally twice as much, and it was easy to see why yesterday.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

11 minutes ago, 54 said:

Out of interest @Froggy, what are the Man United's fans of Ten Haag now? Feels like he's starting to feel the heat, whereas a month ago everyone was still very much behind him. 

Feels like he's made some baffling decisions, Rashford continually starting, Martial being played in place of Hoijland. Varane just being ostracized, and a lack of any real fluidity in the way you play, think people are rightfully starting to turn on him.

Maybe Southgates double in disguise