Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester United (02/12/23) | Reaction: Pg. 34 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

3 hours ago, ikri said:

Part of their problem is the huge wages that a lot of the players are on.  Sancho is a perfect example, he's on £250k per week.  Even if the manager wants rid of him, who is going to match his wages?  He's under no obligation to leave until his contract is up and there's every chance that a new manager will come in and bring him back into the team so there's very little incentive for the player to look for their own exit.  Then there's players like Van de Beek, over £100k per week.  An absolutely insane wage for such a mediocre player.

They need a huge clear out but they simply can't do it.

Love this

9 hours ago, Pilko said:

Only just sobering up from last night now but deary me, what an absolute shambling shower of shite Man United are. The team gutless, the manager neckless and the tactics clueless. 1-0 flattered them so heavily.

Glad to see everyone getting on board with reality. False position last season and they’ve got worse,

despite some apparently impressive signings over the summer. They’re fucking terrible.

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

I know Bruno Fernandes is not well liked here but he has a very good engine and a fantastic range of passing. 

He does indeed.

Shame he’s a petulant, emotionally immature twat, who becomes an embarrassment to everyone associated with the club whenever things start going against them.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

He does indeed.

Shame he’s a petulant, emotionally immature twat, who becomes an embarrassment to everyone associated with the club whenever things start going against them.

I just think he’s suffering from being at a big club that’s failing. So much expectation on everyone but there’s nothing a few talented individuals can do on their own to right the ship. 

Just now, Lotus said:

I just think he’s suffering from being at a big club that’s failing. So much expectation on everyone but there’s nothing a few talented individuals can do on their own to right the ship. 

He's always been like that, also he's Portuguese where it's basically built into them.

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

If you’re made captain at a major football club, there should be / is expectations on how you conduct yourself on the field.

From what I’ve seen, and granted, that’s not every Man Utd match, his conduct is well below what I would expect.

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

I know Bruno Fernandes is not well liked here but he has a very good engine and a fantastic range of passing. 

I don't think anyone denies he's class, obviously an elite midfielder, but he's a petulant, rat faced, whinge bag that I wouldn't tire of punching, great player, minging human.

1 hour ago, Disco said:

He was suspended against Gala

At 2:47 I thought he said "I go back to the players I've played with, white players, who were very very talented."[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

11 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

:dance:

“He's an okay manager, but lets not pretend that all this "improvement" isn't off the back of spending £400m quid. People in the media are acting surprised that Livramento is a good player: he wasn't free. Nor was Anthony Gordon. The two of them cost £100m quid. If they weren't owned by the Saudi's, neither player would be at their club. Nor would Trippier, who was excellent as always yesterday.

Our own problems (Anthony for instance) cost more, and are worse, but lets not make out that this is some sort of miracle that Howe is working. His side SHOULD be good enough to compete at St James Park with us, Liverpool and City. They've sure spent enough. 

Shearer etc all gonna wank themselves for days over this result, but it's all blood money so feck them and feck the entire media for just swerving the entire issue. It's unbelievable how much I hate those snivelling fecks now, and anyone that "enjoys" their ascent should be immolated. Happy?”

Cracks me up how these  «  experts » are always pontificating about the difficult choices Newcastle will have to « go to next level » —- meaning binning Eddie Howe and hiring an elite manager.  (you know, somebody like ETH)

2 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Cracks me up how these  «  experts » are always pontificating about the difficult choices Newcastle will have to « go to next level » —- meaning binning Eddie Howe and hiring an elite manager.  (you know, somebody like ETH)

Don’t think the piss artist who made that comment was any expert fella. Just some random moron from a Man Utd message board. 

6 hours ago, SteV said:

From what I’ve seen, and granted, that’s not every Man Utd match, his conduct is well below what I would expect.

His conduct is completely fine and he's a good captain. He has it in him to get frustrated when things are going wrong. He can lash out and get himself booked, and a lot of people seem to criticise him heavily for this. Roy Keane anyone? I've seen your best ever player and captain literally kick a downed man in the fucking head. :lol: 

You're all looking for reasons to hate him because you don't like him. Did any of you see in midweek when Garnacho was being an idiot and shushing Galatasaray fans? He got berated for by Fernandes for it and told to keep his head. When McTominay and Rashford are fucking up basic passes and costing us chances he's vocal about it. He's constantly talking to everyone on the pitch and dictating everything. These are things that the likes of Keane, Gerrard etc. would be praised for. It's not Fernandes' fault he was born with a punchable face. :lol:

Funny thing is too, he's an incredible professional off the pitch. Go and watch any interview with him after a game win or lose, he has nothing but respect for the opposition and unlike Ten Hag will be open and honest when we've just not been enough rather than coming out with shit like "we scored a goal but it was offside so it could have been a draw." Silly baldy bastard.

38 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Yeah Bruno F is annoying but clearly an excellent player, although I’m mainly amazed by his injury record, the guy is made of titanium - has only missed like four games in his entire career :lol:

He’s good on his day, but he’s not consistent enough, and as has already been said, he spits his dummy out when things don’t go his way.

This why I said just after the game, the players who they have, and think are elite, are just good players, and the players they have who they think are good, are average.