Everton vs. Newcastle United: 7/12/23 @ 19:30 (Amazon Prime)

HaydnNUFC

Yeah, my mind always associates Everton away as a loss. No idea what the actual record is. 

image.thumb.png.a6c2b9d9947c0a23e8503c7a4b24d55d.png

what. They can't be right. 

These stat sites just make shit up I'm sure

image.thumb.png.949458810e2f6df6e666691f422e3fec.png

Edited by OCK

2 minutes ago, OCK said:

Yeah, my mind always associates Everton away as a loss. No idea what the actual record is. 

Absolutely dismal in the years either side of Hatem's missile. Wor Jonesy masterminded a win during the Covid season then there was last season's hilarity.

We'll be up against it tonight. Would definitely take a draw.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Absolutely dismal in the years either side of Hatem's missile. Wor Jonesy masterminded a win during the Covid season then there was last season's hilarity.

We'll be up against it tonight. Would definitely take a draw.

And they’ll be up against us. Win please :indi:

They've not been good at home this season, for whatever reason.

Home:

Won 1 (Bournemouth)

Drawn 1 (Brighton)

Lost 5 (Manchester United, Luton, Arsenal, Wolves, Fulham)

Away:

Won 4 (Nottingham Forest, Crystal Palace, West Ham, Brentford)

Drawn 1 (Sheffield United)

Lost 2 (Liverpool, Aston Villa)

Edited by ChrisMcQuillan

1 hour ago, Stesbeard said:

away from home yes. The home form is woeful. Lost to Luton, Fulham, wolves already at home 

Aye which is a bit of an odd one really. Our away form isn't great either mind. Hope it's an easier game than I anticipate.

I would also be disappointed with a draw. We are more than good enough to win if our attitude and mentality is right. We have had like 5 days rest too. Go for their throats! 1-4. If we wanna be up in the top 4 we have to get more points away. I bet Howe and the team won't be happy with a draw, and rightly so.

Edited by Ikon

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

One of my first away games as a young'un was the game Thomas Gravesen pretty much assaulted Olivier Bernard and then they went up the other end and scored the winner

Not even funny how much that still riles me up :lol:

They missing DCL? If so, I'd fancy us.

Also feel like we are in a different place mentally, to what we were at Bournemouth. Not having a striker, killed us that day.

I have a suspicion that we might have 1 body back tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I would also be disappointed with a draw. We are more than good enough to win if our attitude and mentality is right. We have had like 5 days rest too. Go for their throats! 1-4. If we wanna be up in the top 4 we have to get more points away. I bet Howe and the team won't be happy with a draw, and rightly so.

Aye I agree If we can't go away to bottom half teams and win we won't challenge for top four. Most of this is down to our injuries though.

Just now, STM said:

Also feel like we are in a different place mentally, to what we were at Bournemouth. Not having a striker, killed us that day.

Where's Harvey Barnes? I thought he was due back.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Nah DCL is back 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Still not ready.

If anyone is back it will be Longstaff or Wilson on the bench.

Suppose its an interesting one with Longstaff, do we put him straight back in? If Miley wasn't 17 you'd say no argument for him loosing his place really. He's came in performed well and done the job and I feel a lot more is to come with him.

A point wouldn't be a bad outcome, like, when you consider what happened at Bournemouth. We're playing out of our skins atm; we can't expect these same lads to keep churning out unreal performances week after week after week. 

Top four this season is one hell of an expectation, like. To retain that place with all our additional challenges and the improvements of the likes of Spurs, Villa and Liverpool would be an outrageous achievement.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

A point wouldn't be a bad outcome, like, when you consider what happened at Bournemouth. We're playing out of our skins atm; we can't expect these same lads to keep churning out unreal performances week after week after week. 

Top four this season is one hell of an expectation, like. To retain that place with all our additional challenges and the improvements of the likes of Spurs, Villa and Liverpool would be an outrageous achievement.

It would be yet we're currently only 4 points off it with a game in hand, have had a really hard fixture list and been massively hampered by injuries many of which are due back soon. We're 100% in the fight for top 4.

1 minute ago, WideopenMag said:

It would be yet we're currently only 4 points off it with a game in hand, have had a really hard fixture list and been massively hampered by injuries many of which are due back soon. We're 100% in the fight for top 4.

We are, we are... I'm just unmoved on my position from pre-season that we need to prepare for our upwards curve to tail off a bit. Granted it barely has so far, despite everything. Cos we've got a set of legends in the dressing room.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We are, we are... I'm just unmoved on my position from pre-season that we need to prepare for our upwards curve to tail off a bit. Granted it barely has so far, despite everything. Cos we've got a set of legends in the dressing room.

Oh aye I'm full prepared that we could finish anywhere in the top 6/7 this season and I'd still be over the moon. We're watching good football can compete and beat anyone on our day and are taking the cups seriously. I just want to enjoy it and try and win something. However I also don't think anyone's that much better than us this season if we had everyone fit. Everyone's raving this morning calling villa title contenders, I think we're better.

Edited by WideopenMag

19 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I would say that the circumstances for this game compared to Bournemouth away is very very different to say at least. For the better now. 1st team is stronger, more confident as well as 5 days rest.

Edited by Ikon