Everton vs. Newcastle United: 7/12/23 @ 19:30 (Amazon Prime)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

I hope people can keep a level head if the demands of the last week catch up with us here.

Aye, it's not looking like we have any help back for this is there?

Hopefully still be ok, but I can see another Iwobi kick in the balls here

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I hope people can keep a level head if the demands of the last week catch up with us here.

Tbh the injury crisis has allowed me to hit that sweet spot in terms of expectations. Learned to cherish all these statement wins while being understanding of Bournemouth away type of games.

37 minutes ago, GlenMag said:

Aye, it's not looking like we have any help back for this is there?

Hopefully still be ok, but I can see another Iwobi kick in the balls here

he moved to Fulham. Thankfully we have a 5 day break. Should be enough to do the business within 70 minutes and then defend for our lives.

5 hours ago, aussiemag said:

he moved to Fulham. Thankfully we have a 5 day break. Should be enough to do the business within 70 minutes and then defend for our lives.

Yeah I think we’ll be fine for Everton, plenty of time to rest and recover. The issue is how we manage this and then Spurs away on the Sunday. 

13 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah I think we’ll be fine for Everton, plenty of time to rest and recover. The issue is how we manage this and then Spurs away on the Sunday. 

And then AC Milan three days after that :lol: 

42 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Howe will go with the same eleven again here. We are going to have to make the changes for the spurs game, need the players as fresh as possible for the Milan game.

You mean he will play Pope with a dislocated shoulder in goal?

They have looked half decent this season

But if that man u team can beat them 3 nowt last week then that gives me hope. I'd take a point, but i can see another Bournemouth esque result/performance popping up in the next couple of away games

Eddie is going to have to try and rotate/ rest players against Everton and Spurs. Milan is a huge game and be the main focus.

I can see Ritchie/ Hall/ Dummett all starting at some point. It’s no exaggeration to say we’re only 2 injuries away from a potential further spiral of further injuries through fatigue.

We can’t go on playing so well with such limited availability. There’s every chance we’ll see another Bournemouth performance in the next 2 games.

Aye, Hall needs to come in and do some decent minutes. Ritchie I think is realistically just an option off the bench, could do 20-30 mins. Our inability to change up our most exhausted players - Isak and Gordon is a major issue in terms of potential injuries 

Dubravka

Tripps    Lascelles    Schar      Hall

Bruno

Miley         Joelinton

Ritchie                           Livramento

Gordon

Major potential to backfire but this is the only game of the next three where not starting our strongest eleven seems at all like something we can maybe get away with.

Don't think we'd be overrun with that midfield. Keep it tight and hope to nick a goal, then on 60 minutes release the hounds.

Isak looks fucking knackered and we can't afford an injury to him, give him the last half hour and a better chance of being right for both Spurs and Milan.

Tino didn't look great at RW against Dortmund but I reckon he'd have more chance of doing some damage cutting inside from the left.

Ritchie obviously won't offer much threat but should do a job covering and protecting Tripps at least.

Infuriating having all these injuries, feel like we're absolutely vibing off our faces as a team right now and with a good rotation available to us we'd blitz through this December fixture list.