Everton vs. Newcastle United: 7/12/23 @ 19:30 (Amazon Prime)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Aye, Hall needs to come in and do some decent minutes. Ritchie I think is realistically just an option off the bench, could do 20-30 mins. Our inability to change up our most exhausted players - Isak and Gordon is a major issue in terms of potential injuries 

Yeah a worry is an injury to Isak and Gordon in the coming weeks. Barnes coming back would make a huge difference.

3 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

I'll take 4 points from this and Spurs games.

With all our injuries 2 points won't be a bad return really , Everton would be 11th and above Chelsea if not for that points deduction and Spurs are obviously a decent side now .

4 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

With all our injuries 2 points won't be a bad return really , Everton would be 11th and above Chelsea if not for that points deduction and Spurs are obviously a decent side now .

I agree, but at the same time it's just a shame that 4 points dropped is so dramatic when the top 6 is so competitive this season. Also, we have to start picking up some points in our away games at some point.

Edited by Erikse

Always feels like a bigger game than it is, mainly because it feels so good to see the T-rex grasping at thin air as balls whizz at shoulder height past him, and then watching his borderline mental breakdown in real time when we beat them.

On the flip side, seeing him happy when they win is horrible.

Press them and they will struggle to string passes together. Need to try and make sure we don’t sit deep to much and allow them into the wide areas pumping balls in to the goal area. Thing with them is that they don’t mind sitting deep themselves either which might make it difficult to break them down as often as we would like. Think a balance would be the best, not sitting deep while also not force them too deep for longer periods of time. Should half invite them before we put the press and win the ball and do some sort of semi countering football to get the first goal hopefully two. If that makes sense…

Our away form is a strange one.

On the one hand, there's a clear gap between our home and away form. At the same time, we've not performed terribly on the road and have often been undone. by fatigue (Wolves and West Ham) or absentees (Bournemouth).

The West Ham draw is the only away game we've failed to win that we won last year. We were pretty good v bottom half opponents on the road and we've only played three to date, so I'm pretty confident the record will improve.

15 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Feels like this fixture is always midweek

Haven't played them in the daylight at Goodison with fans in the ground since March 2015. Haven't played them at Goodison on a Saturday since Ben Arfa scored a thundercunt.