Everton vs. Newcastle United: 7/12/23 @ 19:30 (Amazon Prime)

HaydnNUFC

48 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Gutted Pope is out for the upcoming fixtures but glad we still have an able keeper in Dubravka and even Karius. Would have been less confident if it was Darlow.

Likely the upcoming rest of a season but I hope not. Hope Dubs is up to the task.

6 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Haven't played them in the daylight at Goodison with fans in the ground since March 2015. Haven't played them at Goodison on a Saturday since Ben Arfa scored a thundercunt.

Is this randomness or is there a logistical reason?

9 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Our away form is a strange one.

On the one hand, there's a clear gap between our home and away form. At the same time, we've not performed terribly on the road and have often been undone. by fatigue (Wolves and West Ham) or absentees (Bournemouth).

The West Ham draw is the only away game we've failed to win that we won last year. We were pretty good v bottom half opponents on the road and we've only played three to date, so I'm pretty confident the record will improve.

Yes, our league away games this season are a weird small sample that do not feel reflective of what we are capable of. We have better away form in the CL and Carabao (Old Trafford) P4 W1 D2 L1 than in the league P6 W1 D2 L3. We were outplayed but still clearly robbed in Paris, so that should be P4 W2 D1 L1, mostly in the CL "group of death". PSG and Inter aren't supposed to go out at the group stage.

With so many injuries, "undone by fatigue" remains a geniune concern in matches, but yeah, hopefully we'll get to see more "normal" away games in the next couple of weeks, starting with this one.

Just now, Pancrate1892 said:

Wonder if we should rest isak and maybe bring him on mid second half, he looks fucked. 

Took us a while to get going last year, pleased if Calvert lewin crocked like, doucoure can be a handful, O'Neill has a canny swinger on him 

image.jpeg.3cba74e5b25d51603846d529ff9722a8.jpeg

21 hours ago, Shak said:

Dubravka

Tripps    Lascelles    Schar      Hall

Bruno

Miley         Joelinton

Ritchie                           Livramento

Gordon

Major potential to backfire but this is the only game of the next three where not starting our strongest eleven seems at all like something we can maybe get away with.

Don't think we'd be overrun with that midfield. Keep it tight and hope to nick a goal, then on 60 minutes release the hounds.

Isak looks fucking knackered and we can't afford an injury to him, give him the last half hour and a better chance of being right for both Spurs and Milan.

Tino didn't look great at RW against Dortmund but I reckon he'd have more chance of doing some damage cutting inside from the left.

Ritchie obviously won't offer much threat but should do a job covering and protecting Tripps at least.

Infuriating having all these injuries, feel like we're absolutely vibing off our faces as a team right now and with a good rotation available to us we'd blitz through this December fixture list.

Flip around Hall and Tino for me. I don’t think Eddie trusts Hall in the defensive role yet but obviously does with Tino.

Edited by Nucasol

47 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Any players likely to be back for this or Spurs?

Botman back in training today according to The Athletic. Both matches may come to soo for him though imo.

Wilson and Barnes back in training today according to a decent source on Twitter.

24 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

Botman back in training today according to The Athletic. Both matches may come to soo for him though imo.

Wilson and Barnes back in training today according to a decent source on Twitter.

3 returning to full training is massive. 

28 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

Who's the decent source??

22 hours ago, Shak said:

Dubravka

Tripps    Lascelles    Schar      Hall

Bruno

Miley         Joelinton

Ritchie                           Livramento

Gordon

Major potential to backfire but this is the only game of the next three where not starting our strongest eleven seems at all like something we can maybe get away with.

Don't think we'd be overrun with that midfield. Keep it tight and hope to nick a goal, then on 60 minutes release the hounds.

Isak looks fucking knackered and we can't afford an injury to him, give him the last half hour and a better chance of being right for both Spurs and Milan.

Tino didn't look great at RW against Dortmund but I reckon he'd have more chance of doing some damage cutting inside from the left.

Ritchie obviously won't offer much threat but should do a job covering and protecting Tripps at least.

Infuriating having all these injuries, feel like we're absolutely vibing off our faces as a team right now and with a good rotation available to us we'd blitz through this December fixture list.

Can't be playing Tino anywhere other than full back going forward for me, it's added so much to our play.

10 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Who's he like??

Have no idea but clearly have a decent source around the team. Was the first to tell about the Willock injury last week and also said Botman back in training this week before the journos.

8 hours ago, WideopenMag said:

Can't be playing Tino anywhere other than full back going forward for me, it's added so much to our play.

I’d play Tino at goalkeeper if we had to. But yeah.

The way we were a threat both on the left and the right. Everything seems to gone primarily through Trippier and Miggy for so long. Now with Gordon and  Livramento we’re scary on the left. 

Just now, jack j said:

Aye looks like it was bollocks

Same 11 next 2 games.

Think it could be 2 games to far for us this week like

Yeah it's gotta catch up with us surely.  We've ran our bollocks off last 3 games  with the same 11 . Barnes and Wilson back would of been massive