Everton vs. Newcastle United: 7/12/23 @ 19:30 (Amazon Prime)

HaydnNUFC

8 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Getting ridiculous now on the injury front. Gasping for one of the fuckers to return.

The silver lining is that its given the future prospects like Miley and Hall a decent run out. Shame Anderson got injured too.

Edited by Joe1984

5 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

The silver lining is that its given the future prospects like Miley and Hall a decent run out. Shame Anderson got injured too.

True, but it’s one thing asking them to step up for a couple of games vs perform week in week out for an extended time. As well as Miley and Anderson have done they likely will struggle to keep form consistently, it’s unfair on them to expect anything else.

1 minute ago, KateJ84 said:

Really nervous about this one. Hopefully we get an early goal to shut the crowd up. Gordon to score would make me very happy lol

Not sure that would help shut the crowd up mind ha

On 03/12/2023 at 09:32, Tsunami said:

Eddie is going to have to try and rotate/ rest players against Everton and Spurs. Milan is a huge game and be the main focus.

I can see Ritchie/ Hall/ Dummett all starting at some point. It’s no exaggeration to say we’re only 2 injuries away from a potential further spiral of further injuries through fatigue.

We can’t go on playing so well with such limited availability. There’s every chance we’ll see another Bournemouth performance in the next 2 games.

I don't think he will.

It sounds like Wilson, Longstaff & Willock might make the bench at some point, he will use them. If we are up 2 or 3, he will rest players. But he's not going to start Matt Ritchie unless he has too in the league.

He's going to start our strongest team and we'll see how far that takes us.

Everton have been really poor at home this season ( and last season ? ) so, despite our injury list, I'll be disappointed if we don't come away with three points.

Safe journey to all those making the trip. Evening kick offs on Thursday's are a bloody joke, especially for the travelling fans, but I guess if you take the money from Sky / TNT / Amazon then it's something you have to put up with.

My manager's an Evertonian and said it's basically been so toxic at home for so long that the players are generally better and look more relaxed away. Man United at home was apparently a lot better than previously though (probably galvanised by the points deduction) and it was just a case of them not being able to finish their chances. I watched it like and I don't think they were good, but they definitely missed some sitters. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Tiresias said:

Kinda expecting another bournemouth away performance tbh not sure we'll have the legs for it

We have a stronger 11 now and the players wont have played a game in like 5 days. If we don't win this it's because of the mentality side of it.

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

Kinda expecting another bournemouth away performance tbh not sure we'll have the legs for it

Bournemouth was our 3rd game in a week, playing every 3 days, 2nd long away trip in succession.

We should have enough to compete here.

It's Spurs, Chelsea & Luton away I'm more concerned about having a flagging performance. Those are away and at the end of gruelling schedules, the Luton game is a B2B away game.

Chris Waugh was discussing our away record on PotT, personally I think far too much is made of it. 

Six games is s small sample size and four of those followed Champions League fixtures, as opposed to one home game. Our fatigue was clearly evident at West Ham and Wolves where we conceded late equalisers, along with Bournemouth, where we simply never got going.

We've also only had three trips to bottom half clubs, where most of our away points were won last season.

Of course if it continues, it will become a concern, but at present it feels like a mountain is being made out a molehill.