Everton 3-0 Newcastle United (07/12/23)

Mike

Just now, Vaj said:

Really fear for us this month unless we get some players back, that was so poor but can you blame them when the same eleven is having to play week in week out? Glad I won’t have to watch Everton’s horrible long ball football again for a long time. 

We have to sacrifice some games, he cant let the same players play 90min twice a week any longer.

15 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Really? 

Clearly goosed away from home, undone by bad individual mistakes (which have been coming as you could see all game we've been off the pace for obvious reasons).... they've literally done nothing up until the first mistake. 

You'd think we'd been howked al game. 

I did think they were the better side, is that wrong? Im not saying we were shocking (well we were after their first), but i thought we made some stupid stuff when playing out, Schär gave it away quite few times for example.

Edited by soyt

Fair result. 3 a tad harsh. They were the fresher team and played well and to their strengths. Never fancied us pre match.

Another familiar story away from home for us. Lost the knack of breaking up the game when needed. Probably due to the new rules which is fair enough as we still got 10 added tonight in a fairly flowing game.

Other than that wouldn’t read too much into this performance or against Spurs.

Need players back desperately. Especially for Sunday and Wednesday.

Edited by LFEE

Its frustrating that we lost, especially as it makes our away record look really bad, but I can't really be angry to be honest, we've been saying for weeks "How are these players and Howe able to keep to these levels" and today fatigue and our injury list and the fact we have a bare 11 caught up to us, I don't think its a coincidence that all the goals came after the 70th minute. 

Every player was mammoth last week, each and every one, and I just don't have it in me to be mad at them because of one poor result, especially when ultimately, a two year ago this week we drew 1-1 at home to Norwich and where bottom of the league. So, personally, i'm going to ignore this result, and give them a whole load of slack.

I'm also probably ignore the Football section for the next 12 hours as I imagine it'll be wild :lol: 

No lack of effort but the away form is shit because we simply do not have a plan B when running and intensity are compromised or don’t work through the press. Everyone can see we’re lacking a RW fit for purpose and creative central midfielder. 

Players have had a real off night. Everton the better team worked hard and outplayed us. Trippier has had a shocker. It happens to most players from time to time. Tactically and physically we weren't at it and the few half chances we got we didn't take or get the bounce of the ball. Then when Everton scored we lost it mentally. A bad night but Eddie often learns from them. We've got to look at our away form and also have to get Isak into game more. Howay the lads. 

Someone needs to remind our lads that they're paid a decent wage, if they're "tired" we'll give them to our brave boys in the forces who keep this country safe. Woke snowflakes with their fatigue and their pronouns, embarrassing 

If Trippier doesn't make that first fuck up we probably make it to 0-0. If Gordon takes one of those chances we probably win the game. It shows how tight games can hinge completely on one moment. I was shitting it all game because you knew one mistake would basically be game over.

That being said you also can't really argue with a comfortable defeat on the balance of play throughout 90 mins and the chances they missed.

I'm trying not to get angry because there are clear mitigating circumstances. As much as I was fuming when Trippier made those errors. The squad is absolutely decimated, the players out there are knackered and now we've thrown an aging keeper with no match practice into the mix.

We need 3-4 lads back ASAP and we need reinforcements in January. Until then we're going to keep having these ropey away results.

13 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Really? 

Clearly goosed away from home, undone by bad individual mistakes (which have been coming as you could see all game we've been off the pace for obvious reasons).... they've literally done nothing up until the first mistake. 

You'd think we'd been howked al game. 

Didn't look to me like we were ever scoring like. Everton played like a bunch of cunts but they were the only team tonight that looked like they wanted it.

1 minute ago, midds said:

Impossible to keep pulling rabbits out of the same hat again and again with the same Xi. I know we've got no options and that's the point, they're bound to be fucked and it's bound to have an impact on performances and results. 

Any Newcastle fan having a pop at the team tonight needs a fucking word. I know there were individual mistakes but that's a really, really fucking tired team out there who are trying their best. We got dicked tonight, 3-0 looks like a battering but it was 0-0 for about 80 minutes, they had more in the tank. We lost but it wasn't because of a lack of effort, it's just football sometimes. 

Let's see what happens in the return fixture. 

We've stuffed Chelsea and should have stuffed Man United and nearly got a win at Paris Saint Germain with the same eleven players and more than an entire team out injured and as soon as we don't play well and lose the toys come out like were not allowed to have bumps in the road like every other team in the history of football.

3 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

So there’s absolutely zero link between playing so many games recently with so few options? Come on. Yeah we’ve been shite but some perspective needed man. 

That’s quite the leap! I didn’t mention anything about there being no link. Performance-wise I was talking about Miggy’s shit finishing, Gordon’s criminal finishing, Dubravka making Onana look world class etc.

Maybe some of that is down to fatigue as well, who knows?! The poor general play and defensive slips, yeah absolutely.