Newcastle United vs AC Milan - 13/12/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

Paully

18 hours ago, nufcjmc said:

I know I might get pelters for this but if progressing meant drawing real Madrid and going out next round (albeit more money for getting out the group) or a draw taking us to the EL and potentially going further in the competition which would people prefer? 

EL for me. Think Sir Bobby would/could have won it if it wasn’t for injuries (oh …) would love Eddie to have a shot at it. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t want Burn back in at all TBH, maybe to cover LB for a game while we rest Trippier. 

Yeh definitely don't want any players back so the ones who have been flogged for the last 2 months don't get a break

Especially a player who played most the season where we finished 4th top

Yeh fuck him

Hope he's out for the season

Yes, I just meant I’m not particularly looking forward to having him back in the team. Particularly think he would have been destroyed playing in the recent team with the fragmented nature of our displays. 

To give people a break, OK if it’s necessary, but I wouldn’t expect much of an upturn in performances. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yes, I just meant I’m not particularly looking forward to having him back in the team. Particularly think he would have been destroyed playing in the recent team with the fragmented nature of our displays. 

To give people a break, OK if it’s necessary, but I wouldn’t expect much of an upturn in performances. 

When everyone's fully fit and rested aye I agree I'd not have him in the first 11 either. However we're going to have to use our squad to get out of this slump.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He will be more than handy for games against forest and Luton this month who are more physical than most.

He wouldn't be in my first choice 11 now for the big games, but to say you don't want him back is mental when you consider we've been crying out for a squad all season

1 minute ago, jack j said:

He will be more than handy for games against forest and Luton this month who are more physical than most.

He wouldn't be in my first choice 11 now for the big games, but to say you don't want him back is mental when you consider we've been crying out for a squad all season

I think he's benefited us more defensively than people realise too, our defensive record with him in last season was brilliant. Appreciate it was alongside Botman, but definitely made us hard to score against.

Just now, WideopenMag said:

I think he's benefited us more defensively than people realise too, our defensive record with him in last season was brilliant. Appreciate it was alongside Botman, but definitely made us hard to score against.

One of them players who'll never get the respect he deserves. Pope is another

1 minute ago, 54 said:

N-O: "Please we need players, out injuries are ridiculous, Trippier is on his feet, please come back"

*Full back Dan Burn returns*

N-O: "Not that one :angry:"

I mean its one person and he gives a good reason for it :lol:

6 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

I mean its one person and he gives a good reason for it :lol:

What is the good reason for not wanting him back at all???

Burn played every match last season , we finished 4th and he was part of a very good defensive unit

Most people wouldn't have him in their first 11s anymore with the emergence of livramento which is fine, but he is more than adequate enough to fill in especially when there are players dead on their feet

Edited by jack j

1 minute ago, jack j said:

What is the good reason for not wanting him back at all???

Burn played every match last season , we finished 4th and he was part of a very good defensive unit

Most people wouldn't have him in their first 11s anymore with the emergence of livramento which is fine, but he is more than adequate enough to fill in especially when there are players dead on their feet

Because Liv has been good and we play better going forward? Ian is allowed an opinion, take it up with him. Theres zero people anywhere arguing your second point