Newcastle United vs AC Milan - 13/12/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

Paully

It's a huge shame we're going into this in awful form, low on confidence and dead on our feet. I've no idea what expectations we're supposed to have of these players at this point; it'll take an immense performance to get a result but I dunno if they've got it in them, and there's no shame on them for that. The goalkeeper situation means we're basically playing with a handicap too.

Then again it's entirely plausible that form goes out of the window and we conjure another historic occasion. 

51 minutes ago, McDog said:

Yea, the Italian top teams were something to be admired. Juve, Milan and Inter come to mind. EPL has passed Serie A by a margin.

Milan were Europe’s dominant club when I was young.  Their 4-0 demolition of Cruyff’s Barcelona in the 1994 European Cup Final remains the greatest performance I’ve seen by a side in a big game.  They absolutely were levels above them - Romario, Stoichkov, Koeman, Nadal, Guardiola et al included. 

46 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's a huge shame we're going into this in awful form, low on confidence and dead on our feet. I've no idea what expectations we're supposed to have of these players at this point; it'll take an immense performance to get a result but I dunno if they've got it in them, and there's no shame on them for that. The goalkeeper situation means we're basically playing with a handicap too.

Then again it's entirely plausible that form goes out of the window and we conjure another historic occasion. 

You’re right, but for this one it’s a case of savour it and see how it goes for me.  Fantasy land stuff playing Milan in the European Cup - and we only need a draw to go through

Thiaw, Kalulu and Kjaer all out injured for this so like PSG they will likely have to play a Hernandez brother at CB. His marauding runs at full back can be very threatening so hopefully that neutralises him a bit. 

Leao has been passed fit for this game but how fit he actually is remains to be seen, I think Livramento just needs to be his shadow and not give him much time on the ball. 

They’ve been in not great form with a lot of unrest around the club and speculation the manager could be gone. Almost a situation where both teams physically could probably benefit with going out but obviously neither of us will want to. 

Maldini has been in the press recently quite scathing of some of their new signings. 

If we have a few more bodies back for this game I think we have a great chance. Atmosphere needs to be white hot. 

Not optimistic for BVB helping us, they seem to be enduring a mini slump at completely the wrong time unfortunately. 

37 minutes ago, Smal said:

Reckon Longstaff probably starts this. His injury wasn't muscular iirc and he's not been out long at all so shouldn't be much risk in it. 

And as well as Miley has done, he’s probably not ready to be constantly starting all these high-level games.

Nothing wrong with bringing him on for the last 20/30 mins if Longstaff tires like.

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

And as well as Miley has done, he’s probably not ready to be constantly starting all these high-level games.

Nothing wrong with bringing him on for the last 20/30 mins if Longstaff tires like.

Yeah assuming Longstaff is fit enough id definitely start him. Miley could do with a rest, its been really full on for him