Newcastle United 1-2 AC Milan (13/12/23)

Yorkie

Just now, Upthemags said:

I think he's just an easy target (no pun intended) seeing the results of late. Fact is Pope doesn't swing any of these recent fixtures the other way

What do you mean “fact is” nobody knows if that’s a fact - all we do know for a fact is he’s never conceded 9 in 3.

Just now, Gawalls said:

I’m sick of the whole “there’s nothing he could have done for all 9 goals” we’ve conceded in just three fucking games he’s played, he’s bang on average and that’s all.

But, like, there wasn't anything he could do, and was good at everything else he did? Feels like people are going out of their way to slag him off, which after Spurs was fair enough, but not today.

Super proud of the team. We gave it our best shot - superb first 30-35 mins but in the end we didn’t have the nous or the energy levels to close to game out or get back in to it when they went ahead. I feel deflated as fuck though - the sadness is real. 

I sincerely hope that we can get the season back on track against Fulham this weekend and try and crawl over the finish line towards reinforcements in January. 

2 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Can’t criticise any of the squad but fuck me the fans that left at 2-1 can fuck off and never come back. I told them as they left and I’ll tell them if I see them again. We don’t need entitled cunts like that following our club. 

Didn't seem like many on the box tbf.

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

For a supposedly 'top' European team, I thought Milan were fucking shit.

Reading their comments before the game they don't even like their manager. Seeing so many "Milan" fans calling him a bald fraud. Certainly don't deserve this win like.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I want to blame fatigue for the second half performance. But I feel like we bottled it. 

Very Very bad game management by Howe for me exactly like the Liverpool game

He shows his naivety at times in these big games. This one's on him for me

Just now, Bally21 said:

And we are qualifying for the CL last 16 if he does

There was almost ten mins of play left.  We’re in the UEFA Cup, at a minimum, at that point.

If we were in Europe every year, then perhaps we can sneer at the thought of the ‘step down’ into the UEFA Cup.  But we qualified for Europe once in 15 years before this season. 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Milan aren’t a poor side, even if they don’t have a Maldini or a Van Basten

Agree, they are very savvy. Defended brilliantly and picked the gaps very well in transition.

Not even sure what to say after that tbh. I'm fucking furious. 

Had it all in the palms of our hands and proceeded to throw the cunt away. We make it 2-0 and the essentially give up and we finish 2nd and qualify. We then choose to concede, then shit our collective pants and lose the game. It's fucking amateurish and it puts us out of Europe completely. I'm 100% behind Howe and the club but that shit tonight was embarrassing. To throw that away from the position we were in is criminal, it's pigshit

19 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

How much prize money have we lost because of that decision in Paris? 

Nothing because we would still be out on gd.

Im talking rubbish we, would be in the europa with 7 points 

Edited by Hudson
Chatting shite

1 minute ago, 54 said:

But, like, there wasn't anything he could do, and was good at everything else he did? Feels like people are going out of their way to slag him off, which after Spurs was fair enough, but not today.

So you couldn’t see any chance of pope getting to the second? It was just a low shot across goal, the first granted.

Very disappointing week.... in what has been a very strange season to date, after the momentum of the previous couple of weeks, I.e beating Chelsea and man utd, to loosing 3 games in 6 days... to mimick everyone else, I am proud of the lads, some battling performances away from home, and I don't thinking anyone will ever forget the 4-1 against  psg.... would've like the consolation of the europa league and another run in europe in the new year but wasn't to be.... hopefully bring in some new faces in January and get a few player back from injury and make an assault on the top 6 again...

Just now, BullyDogs said:

Very Very bad game management by Howe for me exactly like the Liverpool game

He shows his naivety at times in these big games. This one's on him for me

Delete your account FFS. We need some kind of vetting process for new members, latest crop is a fucking shambles 

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

What do you mean “fact is” nobody knows if that’s a fact - all we do know for a fact is he’s never conceded 9 in 3.

Trippier was tripping over his laces in the 6 yard box last game mate. I know its easy to blame the keeper but the defense has been shocking of late, which is to be expected with how stretched we are.

11 minutes ago, Bintang said:

Sorry but never understood people saying the fans should be better while watching on TV. 

I'm going to shock you here... Newcastle United have more than 52,000 fans, we don't all fit in St James' Park. I didn't feel they lifted the players enough when we went behind. It was flat, we need more from our fans at times like that. I don't feel like being a bum on a seat is enough really. 

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I want to blame fatigue for the second half performance. But I feel like we bottled it. 

Over 4/5 different posts tonight you've said you're proud of the players and they gave it their all, that you've bottled it or that you're not good enough at this level. 

Which one is it? :lol:

Absolutely recoil at any suggestion of bottling it when legally we should be in the fucking hat. God knows how the specifics of tonight play out if we're not artificially denied those extra two points in Paris, but I bet you any money we see it through.