Chelsea 1-1 Newcastle United (19/12/23) Chelsea win 4-2 on penalties

Yorkie

Just now, Rod said:

I've  said the same thing for about the last six games.  He's doing my head in.  You will all pile in on this and somewhat understandably but please, please give him a rest or ........... drop him.  He's been awful lately.

He's cost us plenty of games single handedly.

Most people agree.

Needs a vacation.

We didn’t deserve to win but that was a lousy way to lose. 

I don’t know why Hall wasn’t given a go but I trust Eddie’s judgement. Given that the whole team were under the cosh, it wouldn’t have made a difference anyway.

I've defended how knackered we've been this season and we are knackered, but that was absolutely shit tbh, I can't defend the way we played in that 2nd half. Whether it was a Trippier mistake, a good bit of play, or anything, something was always likely to happen, it just so happened to be that. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Cant be dealing with more of these late gut punches man :(

We invite it by going 1 up and then just inviting pressure for however long is left in game until the opposition inevitably score. 

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Yep, he should have been nowhere near the pitch to be honest. It was a good chance to give him a proper weeks rest mentally and physically but instead he’s gonna be in bits now. As I said a page or two back his strength is attacking and we were never doing that tonight, he’s been off recently defending and we had our backs to the wall. Should never have come on.

It's fair to say he should have been nowhere near the pitch, I actually wanted that myself.  But he was the option when cheese slice was done. 

Trips hasn't got a problem with betting has he? 

safety :lol:

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I've defended how knackered we've been this season and we are knackered, but that was absolutely shit tbh, I can't defend the way we played in that 2nd half, whether it was a Trippier mistake, a good bit of play, or anything, something was always likely to happen, it just so happened to be that. 

I don't overly disagree but if we'd actually got the 1-0 win it would heralded as a tactical masterclass.

3 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

This, Milan, PSG and Liverpool. Amazing the manner in which we've managed to lose these games, like [emoji38]

Liverpool was a bit different I think. 

This game was like Milan away, PSG away, Wolves away. Passing game gone to pot, can’t keep the ball, wave after wave of opposition attack.  

PSG and this game in particular. The opposition were so bad that if we could’ve strung decent possession 2 or 3 more times. We get it over the line. But wave wave wave of attack and then something happens at the death. 

1 minute ago, Izakaya said:

Cant see PIF being owa chuffed with two cup exits in a week. Hopefully the wallet is extremely open in January. 

My worry is they won't have the connection to Howe that the fan base have, keep loosing in the big games and I fear they might look to replace him. 

Just now, Armchair Pundit said:

Urgh, could this sort of shit come to a head at a better time for the mackems? I don't think so. Fuckety bollocky ballbags.

I think we'll destroy them.

My only issue is another cup run is the last thing we need.

1 minute ago, Mountain said:

I don't overly disagree but if we'd actually got the 1-0 win it would heralded as a tactical masterclass.

Not by me tbh. I was ready to start my reaction post with "I cannot believe we've won that match", I thought the approach was so poor. I always felt the goal was coming.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Man, these last minute goals against us are really wearing me down. Gasping for some more technical quality in January if we have the means to, we just can't hold the ball and the pressure always cracks us at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Having Trippier and Richie taking pens seemed suicidal. 

It makes sense that the leaders of the squad take responsibility. Ritchie was our dedicated penalty taker before Wilson joined, and probably part of the reason why he came on instead of Hall in case the game went to pens.